Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Dirty v3

Colourless oil. Soapy powder. Ivory soap, in fact, and bajillions of orrisy violets. Maybe a touch of white rose? Floral-powder-soap, and this is not even on my skin! INTENSE.

I immensely prefer the released version. I had hopes this would be at least somewhat similar...but nope. :cry2:

This came in my order from the Lab. The name made me want to definitely try it.

In the Imp: Woah! Very sweet and floral.

On the skin: Strong. The floral notes scream SMELL ME! And I do. I'm thinking it's a rose scent....I don't know my individual floral scents very well, sorry.

I think I've smelled this before somewhere, but I can't place it. If you are a bright floral lover this is one you may want to look into.

CRAP! MAYBE THIS IS THE WRONG DIRTY!!!!!

Edited by PuppetMistress

This one has a touch of lime at the beginning, and ends up smelling like Ivory soap, with a touch of violets. But yes, soapy, breezy and it really does smell like Ivory soap!

SOAP! This is dryer sheets and soap and a white floral on me. WHEW! That is almost immediately headache inducing, As it dries, it seems to calm down a bit but it's still sharply "clean". I think I can detect some rose in here too.

From the vial this is a high-pitched soapy astringency. On skin it turns into scented laundry detergent… soap with a floral tinge.

It's been a while since I've tried the released version of Dirty, but I do remember that I liked it and that it reminded me of laundry hung out to dry in a cool breeze and sweet flowerbeds. Dirty v3 seems to be sharper and more dry smelling than I remember the released version being. It makes me think of creamy white bar soap scented with sharp floral perfume, tossed in a bed of dryer sheets. I can't pick out the violet that other people have mentioned. It's a nice, very clean, soapy scent, but a little too much on the sharp and dry side of things for me. I'll have to compare it with released Dirty in the future, but I don't think that this is as soft, soothing, and wearable as the released version, if my memory is correct...