Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Hel v6

Sniffed: Light amber coloured oil. Crisp, juicy apple (not green, but red and ripe) and slightly earthy, murky vetiver.

Wet: Still appley, but the vetiver is a bit stronger, and I get some distinct myrrh now as well - giving this a slightly bitter dustiness, as well as that oddly both vaguely earthy and clean/cologney/slightly soapy vetiver. An odd mix.

Dry: The apple as usual is virtually completely gone after 10 minutes, and the myrrh has taken over and gone very dusty with that hint of smoky bitterness. There's another spice here too - I think white pepper, though it could be black pepper, or both - it's very peppery in an almost savoury way, and provides heat. 

Later: The vetiver has settled a bit, and I don't mind it here. But this is totally a masculine scent now, to my nose, and reminds me sort of of Lot & His Daughters. The apple that does remain is a more 'cooked' sort of fruit note - it has lost its fresh, juicy crispness but still provides light fruity sweetness. 

Summary: Dusty, myrrh-infused fruit. Lower throw and fades a lot on my skin.

This one starts as a minty floral on me. I don't get apple but more like apple blossom. It dries to a dusty blend with a hint of pepper.

Apple and dusty vetiver here. This is a little reminiscent to Apple of Sodom, but with dust instead of ash. I'm not getting much in the way of myrrh, but rather there is a dryness here. I think I can also detect some sort of white floral underneath as well. I'm not sure if it's apple blossom or something else.

Hel v6 - This is definitely an apple scent, but instead of being bright and crisp, it's dark and heavy, almost like an apple that's starting to turn. There's definitely an understone of something dark, but I don't believe it's myrrh or vetiver, since my skin usually loves both of them. Rather, I think it's maybe peppercorn. There's also a hint of a white floral, but I don't believe it could be apple blossom, since that always turns to pure dishsoap on my skin. This isn't really my type of scent because I'm not a fan of apple scents in general, but I imagine people who like apple and who like dark and dirty type scents could potentially enjoy this one.

Elements of both fresh and cidery apples, with a head shop vibe. Usually the fresh apples are too chemical on me, but I kind of like this with the darkness underneath. Sadly it barely starts to dry before a floral comes out on top. The apple disappears, the headshop vibe remains for a little bit more, then it turns dry and floral.

Second test: this is so wonderful from the vial I had to try again to be sure. Dark spooky apples in a forest again at first. I wish it would stay this way! Incensy headshop apples, mmm. Sadly, gradually the headshop incense smell begins to shift to a heavy dark floral smell, and the evil flowers begin slowly crushing the poor spooky apples to death. Woe.

This one is a total morphing heartbreak. It goes from awesome to fail in less than 20 minutes.

Received as a freebie with a large order!! This is exciting. I smell fruits & florals. There's a static mint in it too.