Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
forspecial_plate

Fire for Thy Stepmother's Daughters

In the imp: Something almost like a fruity red candy. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's still fruity candy, but now with a bit of spice -- a light spice, like ginger, which is often almost lemony on me. As it dries, I still get something sweetly fruity and gently spiced, with just a whiff of something powdery -- but light and powdery, like frankincense (though I'm not necessarily suggesting it is frankincense), not something like smoke or ash or char. 

Ultimately, however, this is very cloying on me. I don't necessarily get flames, but it's a hell of a different sort with my skin chemistry. 

Ok so since i hated Djinn and don't seem to do well with 'burny' or fiery scents, this is one I basically got an imp of because… well the name is really cool 🤣 I just really wanted to try it.  To my absolute surprise, I loved it! It's smoky in a floral candle smoke kind of way, but light as well. I think there might be some narcissus in this because it has something in common with Darkness, a smoky 'after a candle is out' quality. It seems very appropriate for an enchanted fire in a fairy tale to be a bit more *magical* than just simple fire. It was also sweetened with a different floral, one I didn't recognize (but for some reason thought might be lotus? I could see where it could be compared to bubble gum), and honestly some other scents I have no idea what they might be. I really liked this one and will wear it again! Oh. Some reviews mention ginger and a fruit. possibly a charred fruit? Dragons blood giving it a resiny sweetness? I think maybe a hit of pepper as well, at one point it kicked up pretty strong. It lasted really well and I was surrounded by a nice aura of perfume for like 6 hours. Sweet and a bit spicy, this is pretty in an unexpected way. (And, as a bonus, still has a cool name)

I get the fruity red candy too, though it goes, as these types of scents often do, plasticy. Meh.