Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Persephone76

Dorian v2

Creamy vanilla musk (maybe a bit of tonka too?), with a little bit of lemony tea and soft lavender cologne? This smells masculine, smooth, soft and snuggly to my nose, like a creamy, soft, lavender fougère. Sadly, it starts to fade a little too quickly for me and becomes more of a skin scent. I really wish it was stronger and had better throw. :(

Dorian v2 is like a lateral move from the original Dorian, with the lemon removed and replaced with lavender and coconut. It's STRONG too, with quite some throw--definitely dab, don't slather! The coconut is teeth-achingly sweet during the wet phase, and with a headache threatening to form I moved to scrub it off but thought I'd wait. I'm glad I did, as the lavender and deep/musky tea has roped in the coconut more to keep the blend from going cloying. Glad I took a risk buying this!

EDIT: Ugh, it stayed ZOMG STRONG for hours, and I finally had to wash it off. Off to swaps it goes. >_>

Edited by thatbrownelf

In bottle: much more lemony than Dorian, somewhat spicy, more complex--slightly darker in feel. Somewhat herbal as well, a bit of lavender.

Wet on skin: yup: lemon, lavender, herbs, and spices. This is much more complex than released Dorian, there's a lot going on. Even the vanilla is spicier--if it's not actually Madagascar vanilla, then the rest of the notes give it that kind of effect. I am liking this a lot more as it dries.

Dry: ohhh~ lovely vanilla musk, with herbs, lemon, and lavender. Well-blended, but allows notes to shine through at some whiffs; and this is not so much tea as vanilla. This version makes Dorian seem so, so innocent.

Verdict: keeper! Oh, absolute yum. Super lucky to have been able to grab a bottle of this. I'll have to deathmatch this and Dorian, but methinks they will both live in my collection together.

I think my order of preference is Released GC Dorian, Dorvian v3, then Dorian v2. V2 is more masculine, cologny, clean. Like a freshly showered man, which I'm sure many people love that smell, but for me I love when my husband uses my ultra-foody body washes and such :lol: The drydown on V2 is nice - sexy and spicy.

Dorian v2 is much LESS like the released version than V3 is. It seems to be a whole different branch on the scent tree. I'm really glad to have the chance to have tried all 3!

I haven't smelled the original Dorian, so I cannot compare the two.

This is a beautiful, calming scent, definitely.. lavender and possibly sweet tea and vanilla. I don't smell coconut, but I do smell something fruity in the background. LOVELY! I can't wait to smell the original to compare the two. I am not the biggest fan of lavender on my skin, but I think I will have this in my hair often.

Edited by Madame Mew

I wrote this review before I tried the original Dorian blend instead of the 2017+ one. So please keep in mind this is comparing Dorian from 2017+ to Dorian V2. Dorian was a lot of sweet, vanilla tea and soft lavender on me. V2 has a creamy, coconut note with a bit of lemon, tea leaves, and lavender. They are definitely sister scents but not actually that similar. Both are very lovely though! I find V2 more of a fruity, citrus sweet with a bit of tartness while Dorian is straight-up sweet vanilla. I prefer the regular version simply because it’s much sweeter and I don’t like coconut much!