Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
VorpalBunny

Best BPAL for bath or body oils?

I am not feeling well so of course what I want more than anything is to take a nice hot bath -- so I was thinking what BPAL would be nice and relaxing for making bath oil/bath salts with?

Any recommendations?

VanVan. I really like taking a bath with VanVan. It makes me feel clean. Spiritually as well as physically.

Hey, BPAL bath salts are one of my very favourite things :P

I find that the lighter top notes are the ones that come through the best -for example, citrusy scents like Yuki Onna, Phobos, Deimos, Old Shanghai - they all come through very well. Ditto for salts made with oils that are more floral. Seraphim and Veil are two that I've tried with really good results.

Oils that are more resiny, ones that have more of a "bass" note as the prominent component, haven't worked as well for me - Black Lotus, for one. They seem to disappear, which is sad sad sad because I feel I've wasted the precious!

I use about a cup (maybe a little more) of epsom salts to an imp, which makes the salts pretty strong - but then I only use abut a quarter-cup per bath.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

I don't wear Black Forest as skin scent, but I loooooooove it in the bath. Just plain hot water, no soap bubbles or anything. It's the most calming thing.

One thing I love about Scherazade is that it's SO strong and potent that I only need to mix a little into body oil...since I'm currently on a body oil-making spree, I'd love to hear suggestions for other super-strong, super-concentrated scents (ie--not Dana O'Shee or Snow White! :lol) that I can mix into a base of body oil (or the bad, for that matter) without breaking the bank =) ty!

God, Andrabell, what a great suggestion!

One of my friends decided to mix in Alice with a non scented body butter base and swore it was scrumptious. I thought that Alice would have been too weak to stand up to that but she insists that it worked great. You might want to try the experiment on a small scale.

Failing that, try Ravenous, Hunger, or Hollywood Babylon if you go for the resiny types. Snake Oil would be slinky, too.

I've found that Rose Cross is pretty potent. The only caveat to using Rose Cross is that you'd best really like rose, because there's very little to ground the rose note, save for a daub of frankinsence.

Edited by Sycorax

Sign in to follow this