Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Black currant, rhubarb, mushroom, champaca, and myrrh.

Motley!! Oh how I love thee! Crue and otherwise. I can't wait to make an Icon for this one... Anyway, to the review.

In the Bottle: Cherry Cough Syrup? Red Vicks 44?
Wet on me: Nag Champaca that wonderful incense at the Flea Market and in Head Shops.
Dry Down: Still very Champaca, and some of the myrrh. I don't get any of the Mushroom, or currant and rhubarb which is a bummer as I love both.
Conclusion: LOVE. It doesn't change on me like the Jabberwocky and I like that fact. I will be seeking out more of this to be sure. Also, it lasts ALL DAY. I dab my BPAL on my biceps, and I only did one arm, and my hubby says he can still smell it on me, hours and hours later.

Now I just need a sweaty, leathery one with a hint of Jack Daniels, Tuna, Death, and ozone and call it Crue. Heh.

In the IMP rich waves of black current and rhubarb. On my skin still lots of current and rhubarb but with a hint of spiciness. I think it might be the mushroom that I can smell in the background. Hints of sweet sandalwood are coming through.

It ends up smelling like a sweet Indian spice market with the black current dominating. Very pretty, spicy and exotic.

oof. this should work- fruit black currant, earth mushroom and myrrh? but it doesn't. it's bad... very bad.

under the vague fruitiness is a bitter, medicinal scent that just overpowers everything and ruins the whole thing. i can smell the black currant and the myrhh and how this should, theoretically, smell good, but... no. it all goes horribly wrong. i honestly can't wait to wash this off.

ooh this is an interesting scent. it's sweet and fruity, but earthy. i sense the mushroom scent from death cap, and added to it is the black currant and rhubarb, with the champaca flowering in the background. it's sweet and soft and earthy. it gives a similar feeling to death cap, which is comforting to me for some reason. fruits are hit or miss, but berries seem to work better, and this is no exception. it does not turn plasticky or too cloying, yay! i think the rhubarb really helps, and is more prominent than the blackberry and it is quite nice. i've only tried a few rhubarb scents, but i like them, and i think they would be good in the fall. this is too sweet for my tastes in general, but i may keep my decant because it's kind of nice for something different.