Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
twilighteyes

Android v2

Unreleased Prototype -- no lab description.

I expected (and am getting) chrome and metal. But Android is also tangy -- I can feel it on the sides of my tongue and it makes my mouth water a teeny bit. A sweet citrus sort of tang, more orange than anything. But it is a very sugary orange with layers and layers of shiny shiny chrome.

Edited by TwilightEyes

In the bottle: A promising sweetness, a citrus I can't identify.

Wet: No florals, no resins...not getting ozone or metal either, exactly. The citrus may be grapefruit. It's the only one I dislike, and this is crossing my eyes. There's an underpinning of juniper or maybe gin? The alcohol keeps getting stronger, pounding the citrus into submission.

Drydown: This has some serious throw & it's going strong after an hour and a half. It abruptly fades at the 3 hour mark.

This is a Tiki hanging out on the wrong side of town. She's into gin joints and bad boys now. Her mother is wringing her hands and telliing all the neighbors that her baby used to be such a sweet girl and she just doesn't know what happened to her.

Definitely the same metal note as in Bed of Nails and Torture Queen, but with a bright tangy citrus that is more orange than lemon and slightly sugary. There's also I think either a juniper or gin note in their, slightly boozy.

Mmm... Yum! I'd throw over Torture Queen for this one. And she's my favorite metal blend.

In the bottle: Pale yellow oil. Sparkly citrus (tangerine?), the tang of chrome (a la TQ), something faintly powdery, some light greenery. Bright & fresh; lightly fruity.

Wet: Milder, less zesty-zingy. Less fruity-sweet. The green note is like wet new leaves. Ginger (Hawaiian white) adds a lovely tropical freshness.A touch soapy-clean in an aquatic way, and a light mint note - white mint.

Dry: Some more fruit has emerged - papaya? And there has got to be a booze note of some sort - vodka, sake, or my bet - that dry sparkly champagne from the WCWC champagne scents. The chrome has faded substantially.

Later: Oh, now I know what that watery green note is - cucumber! Wow, just gorgeous. Sadly, that tangerine note has completely faded. A sort of earthy note now, like how Golden Wave dries down. Maybe gin?

Summary: Final drydown is like a sparkling champagne-and-gin cocktail spiked with cucumber, papaya, ginger, and mint - and a hint of shiny chrome. Very light, fun, and unisex, with a summery, tropical feel. Low throw, decent longevity.

I would so love multiple bottles of this. I can't imagine this is unreleased if not for component issues or being saved for a special event.

First sniff: Shiny and metallic and green.

Wearing: Sort of a cologney metallic. It didn’t last very long on my skin.

Android v2 - I fully anticipated a sharp, biting, metallic scent. Instead, I smell soft, sweet metals along with tangy citrus (lime?) and most surprisingly and deliciously, juniper. This isn't the kind of scent I would normally be drawn to myself, but I do like it and think it would be an awesome guy's summertime scent -- fresh, crisp, clean, and summery. It's awesome!

This is like a clean, smooth, masculine cologne with hints of zesty, sweet citrus (kinda lemon-y on me and more orange on my guy) and what smells like the lab's juniper-y gin note giving the blend a cooler, slightly green edge. I wish that I had more of this one, because my husband really likes the scent and I enjoy it on him. It's really light and fades away within an hour, though, so it's the sort of blend that needs to be reapplied frequently...