Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Deimos

Deimos - Son of Ares, twin to Phobos, Deimos is the personification of dread. Murky ambergris and civet with dark musk, sharpened by orange, bergamot and frankincense.

Sweet but anamalistic. It's the dark side of orange.

Edited by Gin

In the imp: Fruity-very nice!

First application: Musky with sweet orange undertones

After an hour it dried down even more beautiful than initially. It is a sweet musky orange scent that is very deeply aromatic and smooth.

Several hours later, just gorgeous!

I would definitely purchase a larger bottle. :P

At first, the orange goes psychotic and makes me smell like that awful fake orange punch that groceries sell in the dairy case - you know, the stuff that's right by the orange juice, but obviously shares nothing in common with an orange-fruit except the colour? Anyway, for about ten minutes I smell like a kid's dream come true, and then (WHEW!) the evil fruit fades. What's left: the exact blend I hoped for, ambergris and civet! I smell musky, a little powdery, very masculine and almost animalistic. This is marvelous, and I'm so thrilled to have an imp of it that I could just dance around like a little kid with a glass of...um...not orange punch. :P

Edit: And then...fruit punch Kool-Aid. It goes into this very bizarre cherry dry-down that makes me want to scrub my wrists. I almost want to cry at the disappointment. How could two of my favourite notes betray me so?!

Edited by Reedsong

I just got a frimp of this with a lab order! Was this really discontinued in 2004; four years ago?

In the vial: Fruit and my coworker's bad breath

On me: Bubble solution, fruit, and coworker's bad breath (the last being a very specific scent)

Later: Fruit and rubber ( No bad breath!)

Edited by Carmencita

This one is an odd blend. At the beginning, I get a bright burst of citrus and bergamot. And as it dries, it definitely becomes sweeter. The orange is still there, but faint. But it smells a little like jam, and a little resinous.

Definitely the dark side of ORANGE!