Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
savage_rose

All Hallow's Eve Atmospheric Spray

'Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world.

Balsam fir needle, dry leaves, cedar, clove, and black patchouli

This is a very dry, crisp forest scent. Not a summery green forest scent, but that of a dry, mellow earthiness that says summer is over and winter is on its way. The fir is very understated and woodsy...it smells more like fir needles in a sachet or crunching on a forest floor with fallen leaves, rather than a strong fresh fir needle smell. It's got just a bit of a bite to it. It mixes well with the other notes, especially the cedar and patchouli. And this patchouli is of the well-behaved variety--light, aromatic, and not heavy or smothering. I can just barely get a hint of the clove, but it's very light to me.

Overall, this scent is a crisp, earthy, meditative type of scent. It's perfect for autumn, and is very cozy. Edited by savage_rose

I expected to love love LOVE this one but can't seem to warm up to it.

I love cedar, clove, patchouli, fir... so maybe it is the dry leaves that are throwing it off?

It seems very dark and dry, but not in a spicy, warm, woody way like I was expecting.

I'm letting it age a bit to see what happens with it.

The woods in this remind me of the woods that I hated in Monster Bait: Ventriloquist Dummy – unbearably dry, bland woods. It’s sort of like pencil shavings that want to turn to dust. The fir seems to try to add a green lift to the blend, but it has a grassy sharpness and a dryness to it as well, like dead fir needles that are slowly turning brown. I don't smell any clove or black patchouli in this at all.

This isn’t the fresh, crisp fir and spicy clove blend that I was hoping for. It’s mostly just very dry, unpleasant woods to my nose.