Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Sol

Authority - Creativity - Courage - Leadership - Abundance - Good Health & Healing - Illumination - Truth - Honesty - Wise Counsel - Prophecy - Pride - Revelation - Equilibrium - Mediation - Nobility - Generosity

This definitely has orange, and I want to say sweet orange as it has the same orange Pez quality I've encountered in other blends. When it dries, I get a hit of sweet clove, but its more of a cinnamon blend. There's a slight orange flower overlay to this. Edited by zankoku_zen

Someone gave me a partial imp of this absolutely ages ago and I never got around to reviewing it. But today is a sad, gloomy, first-properly-late-fall-or-early-winter day, so perhaps Sol will be a much-needed pick-me-up. I'm not sure which version I have, although if I had to guess I'd say probably the resurrected, since I received it around 2007.

Imp: I don't get citrus from this at all! What I do get is a sweetly dry, resiny smell sort of like Midnight Mass but with the church taken out. It's very pleasant but it also has that thing that amber does where I can't smell it until it's on my skin-- it's like a pause or space in the scent. I know it'll be amber once it's on, but right now it just smells like slightly resinous air.

Wet: Cedar! A big burst of dry lovely cedarwood and maybe some other woody incense-type notes, frankincense perhaps? Now I smell the citrus, but it's not juicy and bright at all, rather more like a dried bitter orange peel. (In a good way! :lol:) Oh yes, definitely frankincense, it's going slightly salty now, but oddly it doesn't ruin the blend. The throw on this, though, is all soft sweet ambery resins. :wub2:

Dry: This turns into a lovely golden spiced blanket scent, soft and close but still noticeable. It's full of dry wood and thick incense and rich amber and it's very bright and sunlight-like while somehow not being either too masculine or too pretty. I really like it! It's certainly making me feel better today. Nonetheless, I've had this imp for a while and enjoyed it a lot, so it's probably time to pass it on to a new home and give someone else a chance to try such a relatively rare DC.