Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cantabile

L'Autunno Bath Oil

Sage, myrrh, patchouli, molasses, sweetgrass, cedar, and cinnamon sugar.

Sigh. Cedar, myrrh, and patchouli, my old nemesises. You work out in Inez, Inez is lovely on me, why wouldn't you work in L'Autunno. I love autumn. But no. In the bottle, the bath oil is sweet and lovely, but as soon as it hits my skin, it's all perfumy cedar. As I got ready for work and drove in, I was waiting for a morph but without much hope. When the morph finally came hours later, it became myrrh and some patchouli, with an edge of cedar. I really don't care for the smell of cedar, although in this the cedar is really perfumy rather than cedar plank-y, which is better, and myrrh tends to give me headaches. And it broadcasts. I'll try putting it in a locket and in bath water, where it can't get snarled by my skin, but this is a real disappointment.

I acquired a decant of this for the sage, myrrh, patchouli, and cedar. But what I got on my skin was homemade molasses cookies with cinnamon sugar on top. Later it developed a grassy note but retained its strongly foody character. Since I'm not into foody scents, I re-homed it.

This is not foody, but sweet enough from the molasses, and just so comforting...though BPAL cedar usually amps to eleven on me in perfume oils at least this bath oil gives me a chance to enjoy it as a supporting note. It makes me think of a dry autumnal landscape and sweet, spiced fall desserts, with that mysterious undercurrent of patchouli. The scent really lingers on my skin long after the bath, too.

i wear the bath oil on my skin like i would a regular oil. i like the bath oil the best of this trio and bring it out regularly every late summer/fall. it's apple-y and carmel-y with some other greenish-smelling stuff in there and just seems to be exactly what i want for days when the weather is finally cooling down. Edited by tdiym

I mainly get sage, cedar, patchouli and a touch of molasses. This reminds me to damp earth and leaves to me, mainly because of the cedar and the patch.

I was sort of hoping for molasses cookies. But no dice.