Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sushi-n-Sake

L'Autunno Atmospheric Spray

Fig leaf, patchouli, black tea, and bonfire smoke.

This one is definitely autumn - the falling leaves, the smokyness, the dry sort of spicy kind of air. I enjoy it because it's nonsweet and nonfloral. It's crisp, a little chilly.

It's like looking outside and knowing that its time to bust our your favorite wool sweater. Oh yeah.

At first this smelled like green peppers to me. I am allergic to green peppers and hate their scent. But I knew there is no green pepper in this, so I decided to wait and try again. I shook the bottle, spritzed once, and left the room for a while to prevent the mist from affecting my asthma. Came back to the smell of patchouli and strong black tea. It's actually quite nice! As a tea lover, my husband quite likes it.

Perhaps TMI: Perfect for counteracting unpleasant bathroom or cat box smells. :P

I spritzed two quick poofs of this on my bed pillows last night, went off to watch TV in the other room for a couple of hours, and forgot all about it until I came to bed. I have an antique iron bed, very high, so I have to use a bed-step to get up into it, and it has a rather low net canopy and curtains all around. I've never thought of my bed this way before, but when my head hit the pillows and I smelled the L'Autunno spray, I was instantly transported to a gypsy wagon! The exotic perfume, the autumn woods at night, the campfire smoke -- I could practically hear the gypsy violin, the laughter and voices, and the jingle of a tambourine or two. I've used the spray once or twice before, but not since autumn arrived. Maybe I was just in the mood, but truly, this is one of the most evocative BPAL experiences I've had. I hope I can repeat it!

Autumn is usually my favorite. I really wanted to love this spray to death but it is a leetle too smoky. Samhain remains my true love!

First sprayed, this is heavy on the crushed leaf smell--very natural and quite enjoyable. There are bits of "dirtiness" mixed in--smoky/earthy. Its less leafy as it dries, and sweetens up a bit (more black tea). Its a perfect autumn scent, which is no surprise!

Its a wonderful non-air-freshener-scented room spray, if that makes any sense. The kind that smells like you left your windows open and freshened up the house, rather than having everyone know you spritzed before they came over... Love it!

Edited by jewelbug

L'Autunno Atmospheric Spray

I'm sorry about this almost non-review... I got smoke, patchouli and tea... and then a major case of the twitchy nose sneezies. :(

L'Autunno atmospheric spray is an excellent fall-leaf scent. It is a little bit vegetal at first- more crushed living green leaves than fallen dried leaves, but as it dries, the leaves seem to age and dry. My nose doesn't detect any of BPAL's smoke notes, so I can't speak to that, but I don't smell the tea or patchouli individually. I sprayed it too much (cough) and as I walk past my bedroom, I smell bug spray. I wish that I smelled the bonfire smoke or the tea. I feel like this atmosphere spray needs something, nice as the leaf-smell is. Unfortunately, as much as I love autumn, the L'Autunno set didn't work nearly so well for me as I had hoped.

Edited to say that I spoke too fast- apparently I needed the whoa too much spraying to get all the notes. I'd sprayed at maybe 2 in the afternoon, and when I got in bed, the leaves had burned off and left the tea. It was wonderful. When I woke in the night, the bonfire smoke had taken over, and this morning the leaves were back. So I guess I have to really spray and wait to get the full experience.

Edited by Victory

This is the first time I've tried any BPTP "kitchen sink" item. I bought this for less than retail price from another forumite since I was unsure how the spray would work and didn't want to pay almost $30 ($23 and $6.50 shipping) for it unsmelled, since I can't buy much else from the site. For example, I can't use bath oil in my tub, because it makes it really filmy. And I am not into the shirts or other dry good offered on their site.

I got it today and was surprised it isn't in a glass bottle. For $23 retail, I guess I expected a glass bottle. This means, I will have to use it up faster, since essential oils and ingredients only have a 2-3 year life maximum in plastic bottles as opposed to glass. I think it is also an environmentally friendly corn product bottle. Which is a good idea though it might break down before I am done with the spray. It did have a nice label, that was coated and explained the notes of the spray on it and had a poem about Autumn on it.

But barring that, I liked the scent. The fig note dominates. There is a very slight hint of smokiness and earth, which is fine with me, because I hoped this would be more figgy than anything else.

It only takes a few squirts to make a room smell good, though it doesn't last too long, maybe 1-2 hours. But this is probably good since my boyfriend doesn't like room scent too much, I can spray it in the morning and enjoy it in the home studio before he comes home at night.

If it wasn't for the plastic bottle and the high price for not being a glass bottle (with shipping it is about $7.50 an ounce, making it closer to high end stuff that is, to me, better quality), I would probably buy these off and on. But the plastic bottle makes it look cheap and the ingredients won't have as much of a shelf life, so that is disappointing. Sure, an ounce of Pacifica is $22, but they have a silkscreen glass bottle and well designed box the spray is in and the spray lasts a really long time and it is all natural. I am not sure if this product is all natural or not, there is no list of ingredients on the bottle I have. But that bottle is solidly closed and I am sure if I sprayed it years from now, it would still smell good.

Yeah, I would buy this scent if it came in a glass bottle similar to what regular BPAL oils come in, but the 4 oz. version. I wish it did come in a glass bottle. Oh well. :)

P.S. I also used a bit of this on my skin, which is says not to do, but it smelled great on my skin. I might add this to base oil or alcohol and see what it does. I really like this on my skin. I guess rules where made to be broken and I don't see any rashes or bad health effects yet, so maybe I'll just keep doing that. It is a great figgy smoke scent on my skin and lasts for a while.

Edited by Madame Nyx

Love warm comforting fall scents, and this is no exception. It's not a foody one but still has a certain sweetness, probably from the fig leaf, balanced wtih the bitterness of the black tea and mystery of patchouli and finished off with one of my favorite things to smell in the air once autumn rolls around, bonfire smoke. :wub2: I'm the type who will linger outside in the cold just to keep inhaling that trademark autumnal smoky smell, and the fact that I can have it inside now is going to be awesome once the cooler months come.