Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Question about Paypal AutoResponder?

Should be working as of today, if you got a response then it is working and we have the order. If you didn't then the email got moved out of the inbox before I setup the responder.

Brian

So ... what does this mean, exactly? Paypal already sends an email to us when we place an order ... at least I've always gotten one. Did you set up an autoresponder there at the lab, so that when you get a PayPal order, it'll then send a confirmation from the Lab to the customer?

And if we -didn't- get one of those, are we still okay? I placed a fairly sizable order .. and just want to make sure it's safe.

tygher...

When I normally pay with PayPal, I always get a confirmation e-mail from them saying that my payment has been sent. Typically from service@paypal.com, with the heading "Reciept for your Payment." Today I not only got one of those, but I also got an e-mail from Black Phoenix (blackphoenix@blackphoenixalchemylab.com), headed, "Black phoenix paypal payment recieved." The text looks like this:

"Thank you for your purchase! We have received your PayPal payment. Your order has been entered into our queue, and it will be processed in the order it was received. We are doing our best to get orders out in a timely manner, but at this time we are on a minimum 21 day backlog. Thank you very much for your patience!

If you have any questions, please email us at answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com"

Plus a link or two at the bottom. But that's the gist. When I was reading Brian's post, it seemed like they only just set this up, and that a few of the orders from last night were already cleared out of the inbox before they got the auto-responder working. I was, frankly, a little surprised that my order got a response, considering.

But I don't think that I'd be worried if you haven't gotten an auto response...

M'kay. I didn't get the email from BPAL, which is hy I'm asking. I'm guessing my order was received before that was set up, as I did so early yesterday morning.

M'kay. I didn't get the email from BPAL, which is hy I'm asking. I'm guessing my order was received before that was set up, as I did so early yesterday morning.

It should be coming from a @blackpho...com address. I finally built it after we got a computer for the lab.. we'd been using mine which has a faulty SCSI drive :P , so we couldn't leave it on 24/7.

Anyway, I know that paypal sends you a response, but there have been too many times that paypal doesn't email us. So, now if you get a form email from us you know that it's been received safe and sound and no confirmation email is needed.

Paypal from the time of my post on should get the auto response, before that I am going to manually check against paypal logs.

Thanks

.Brian.

Thanks Brian! I know my order was posted in the wee hours of the 16th, so I'm willing to bet that's before the autoresponder was set up. :P

Glad to hear you got a system for the lab though. That's very good news!

In my newbieness I'm wondering if there a problem with the PayPal auto responder?

My July 25 order and subsequent PayPal email receipt was quickly accompanied by a "PayPal payment received" email from the lab's auto responder.

However my Aug 30 order was not. I only got an email receipt from PayPal. Should I be worried?

:P

TYK people!

In my newbieness I'm wondering if there a problem with the PayPal auto responder?

My July 25 order and subsequent PayPal email receipt was quickly accompanied by a "PayPal payment received" email from the lab's auto responder.

However my Aug 30 order was not.  I only got an email receipt from PayPal.  Should I be worried? 

:P

TYK people!

That happened with one of my last orders but I received the order just fine. I'm betting you will, too :D But to ease your mind, go ahead and email the Lab :D

I apologize for asking the same question over and over, but I really don't want to bug the lab if it's not a problem...

Anywat, I placed two orders via PayPal on September 1 which contained many of the same items because I was also ordering for other people. It was my first time using PayPal, not the CCNow cart, so I am extra nervous.

For the first, I got the Paypal autoresponse and the BPAL response.

For the second, I just got the Paypal response.

I don't want to harass the lab if the BPAL autoresponse is really hit or miss, but I also want to make sure they know I really do want three pumpkin patches and two bottles of Dia, even if I ordered them 12 hours apart!

So should I chill?

(My gut says I should chill, I think I just want some reassurance here that one of my orders isn't lost in the ether...)

Yup, chill! :P The BPAL autoresponder doesn't work when it gets overwhelmed (i.e. right after updates, every time, people often don't get responses), but as long as you've got your Paypal reciept, you're golden!