Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
proserpina

Meadow scents!

The School-House is a wonderful meadow scent... the dandelions and the clover, with just a tiny bit of wetness from the birch and freshness from the fir... gorgeous.

I'm totally in love!

This tends to be my favorite recommendation thread so I thought I would bump it with a specific recommendation! Again I'm looking for a beautiful meadow scent. Cool grasses warmed by sunshine and light warm sweet florals. The Passionate Shepherd to his Love is my absolute favorite meadow scent along with Fairy Market. The problem is, both are either LE or discontinued! I have bottles of each but would love to branch out BUT REALLY ONLY IN THE GC CATEGORY. I don't want to track down bottles of scents I may love. I'd rather get an imp from the lab and see what happens!

So any suggestions for GC (preferably impable) meadow scents?

Here is a rundown of meadow type scents I have tried.

The Passionate Shepherd to his Love - absolute favorite, crisp grass warmed by sunlight and sweet florals (tea rose and carnation mainly)

The Host of the Air - Lovely and crip, but not warm enough and fades quickly. That being said I DO love this blend.

Fairy Market - Otherworldy ethereal market place with SUGARED INCENSE (one of the most wonderful notes of all time).

The East - Very pretty and flowery and a touch of grass thrown in for good measure, but not quite as ethereal as Fairy Market.

Enchanted Wood Florist - something in this (the sap I think) amped and urned very very very sweet on my skin. Like candied florals. Pretty but WAY too sweet for me.

Little Bird - Nice but too sharp and clean.

Caliban - green green grass and dew.

This tends to be my favorite recommendation thread so I thought I would bump it with a specific recommendation! Again I'm looking for a beautiful meadow scent. Cool grasses warmed by sunshine and light warm sweet florals. The Passionate Shepherd to his Love is my absolute favorite meadow scent along with Fairy Market. The problem is, both are either LE or discontinued! I have bottles of each but would love to branch out BUT REALLY ONLY IN THE GC CATEGORY. I don't want to track down bottles of scents I may love. I'd rather get an imp from the lab and see what happens!

So any suggestions for GC (preferably impable) meadow scents?

Here is a rundown of meadow type scents I have tried.

The Passionate Shepherd to his Love - absolute favorite, crisp grass warmed by sunlight and sweet florals (tea rose and carnation mainly)

The Host of the Air - Lovely and crip, but not warm enough and fades quickly. That being said I DO love this blend.

Fairy Market - Otherworldy ethereal market place with SUGARED INCENSE (one of the most wonderful notes of all time).

The East - Very pretty and flowery and a touch of grass thrown in for good measure, but not quite as ethereal as Fairy Market.

Enchanted Wood Florist - something in this (the sap I think) amped and urned very very very sweet on my skin. Like candied florals. Pretty but WAY too sweet for me.

Little Bird - Nice but too sharp and clean.

Caliban - green green grass and dew.

Garden Path with Chickens is an amazing grassy/meadowy scent, but alas not impable. Also the Phoenix in Spring you might like, but again....

Hi! Here are some GC (including salon) scents that remind me of some of those you've tried. (They're not all meadow scents, but they all have something in common with the scents you like.)

What was so neat about Fairy Market is that it had a coolness *and* a sunny-ness, and most scents have just one or the other. (I haven't tried Passionate Shepherd, so I can't do comparisons there.) I totally feel for you - there's nothing like Fairy Market, is there?

Mag Mell - zingy, golden

51 - Did you ever try this? What did you think?

Machu Picchu - Golden and floral, but with the addition of lush fruity-ness. Not necessarily a meadow scent, but in a similar family to Fairy Market.

All in the golden afternoon - golden (though not grassy), also with a zingy-ness

Hermia - golden, smooth (not grassy)

Pepper - golden and lightly floral (not grassy)

Night-Gaunt - sunny and floral (not grassy). Sounds like it wouldn't be all that good, but it's way better than expected, and it has a sweetness to it that is somewhat like the sweetness of Fairy Market, though less outright sugary.

Rosalind - I *love* Rosalind, and it just doesn't last on me at all. But you should try it!

Dorian - Okay, this is not meadowy at ALL (lol) but it does have that extremely-elusive sugar note; one of the few scents in the GC with sugar. Fairy Market is like a floral-sweet Dorian, actually, as I sit here & compare them side by side - it's surprising how similar the sugar note is. Another GC with sugar is High Strung Daisies, which is all floral-sweet. Wonder what would happen if you layered Dorian & High Strung Daisies, or Dorian with something else?

Salons (so, not impable, but not LE either):

Death & Life Completed - Has some of the perfumey-ness that Fairy Market has, but is like the late summer or autumn version where Fairy Market is the spring version.

Orpheus - Green and grassy and fresh, though not floral or nearly as sweet as Fairy Market

Sunflower - Another late-summer to Fairy Market's springtime.

Garden Path with Chickens - Very grassy!

You might wish to try Litha if it comes back; it doesn't have the sugar note that Fairy Market has but it's very nice.

(Also, Enchanted Wood Florist went too sweet on me too! :( )

I'm not really into meadow scents myself, but I've just tested my Last Unicorn imp pack and there are a couple that would fit in the category.

The Lilac Wood (Ageless trees, everblooming flowers, brilliant grass, and soft shadows.) is a very fresh spring scent. There are lilacs (obviously) with new grass and spring tree sap. You know how if you break a fresh branch (or scrape thin bark) in the spring it has that sharp note? That is in there rounding out the floral lilacs. Smells like birch bark to me. It is very fresh and natural. If I could wear fresh spring florals, I would wear this one. Unfortunately I'm a bit allergic and it makes me sneeze just like real lilacs.

The Butterfly (Fuzzy brown tonka bean, golden amber, bergamot, and petitgrain.) is a late summer/early fall meadow. When the sun is warm, the grass is dry and flowering, and the pollinating insects are out in force. Long lazy days before harvest time. I like this one quite a bit and it doesn't cause an allergic reaction :)

Thanks for all the recs guys! I did a lab order with some imps that particularly interested me: Rosalind and Mag Mel. Also went ahead and jumped for a bottle of The Sunflower and waiting for a swap message from someone for the other Salon scents! I feel like I have neglected the Salon for far too long and want to go ahead and jump on that!

The Butterfly and The Lilac Wood also sound positively wonderful. High Strung Daisies was way too sweet on me unfortunately. My skin likes to amp the sweetness in scents (Like Faith and Hope were way too candied and custard like on me to the point of them being nauseating). Night-Gaunt, Hermia, and Pepper are definitely on my to try list now! Especially Pepper! 51 I am iffy about but I will try it eventually.

As to The Phoenix in Spring I already have a ISO out for that one with no luck so far. I didn't get a chance to grab a bottle before it came down off the website so yea.. rather unfortunate.

Edited by ciaobonefish