Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
slave1

La Primavera soap (by Silk Road Trading Company)

LA PRIMAVERA SOAP

Tuberose, sugar cane, lemon peel, bergamot, orange blossom, and oakmoss.

Packaging: Beautiful! Here is pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/icem...ff/IMG_0684.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/icem...ff/IMG_0690.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/icem...ff/IMG_0691.jpg

Soap it self is a light blonde faint sage color.

Dry scent: Citrus yum! Ok this is very subdued and refined. This is not screaming citrus, it's gracing you with it's prescence. The lemon peel and orange blossom are sweet with just a light tartness. The sugar cane is gritty and sweet, the tuberose is feminine and also a bit tart. The bergamot adds just the right amount of greenery and herby feel, it compliments the scent perfectly. And the oakmoss comes in with a earthy gorunding base that brings the whole blend together. This is an absolute joy to smell. It awakens me yet makes me feel like a million dollars. It is the definition of living life in warm luxury. It's refreshing like a big glass of lemonade on a hot day. I will use this for sure.

Wet: Will edit when tried

La Primavera

Yes, these wrappers really are gorgeous! They seem to have the same female figures that grace the Four Seasons bottle photos that were posted in one of the Will Call threads. I snipped the ribbon very, very carefully, so as to minimize damage. Sniffing the bar through the plastic, I got a delicate orange blossom and freshly mowed grass smell! Creamy and subtle.

After I took the bar out of the plastic, the oakmoss made itself known more. This is an outdoorsy scent, but not in the way of Manly Man Lumberjack scents. It's grounded, soft, and unisex. It has a linens drying in the sun vibe.

This is the first BPTP/SRTC soap I've used (I have a bar of Shub that I haven't opened!), and I found it to be silky with very good slip on my skin. It left my skin soft, clean, and very subtly scented.

Would be good layered with: Banded Sea Snake

Seeing as it is May, I wanted to start with Primavera.

Appearance - it's wrapped like Silk Road soaps, a fancy paper label with swirly petally things, sticker'd with black ribbon around it. It's fairly easy to open. The inside has writing about each run made in small batches, wrapped, and that imperfections and color variations are part and parcel of handmade soap. It also has the Phoenix with alchemical symbols in its pelt. The soap itself is an off-white, with gray green uniformly throughout.

Scent: Waxy, petally. It smells like neroli and waxy petals, and a little honey sweet snap (also probably related to orange blossom. The soap itself is firm, a little squidgy to pressure. There's almost a note like fermented tea leaf at the very base of this - it's not all floral, there's stemminess too. Very bright.

Using: The chunk I cut off lathers very well, also appears to be a soft textured soap that will probably melt a bit faster than commercial soaps, lather is light, not excessively luxurious but there. The scent expands a bit more when wet but is not super strong. It's definitely a blend of petal florals, with that leafy snap coming up while washing. Drydown on my skin is orange blossom, and with a touch more time the moss note that may be seen in blends like: Thanatos, The Apothecary, Tupapau.

Edited by Lycanthrope

La Primavera smells incredibly strong to my nose. I could smell it through the box the order was in. :P Even though I didn't really need a shower, I slivered off a little piece of this and hopped in anyway... the smell was just really insistent, I couldn't wait. And, to my delight, the scent remained quite true after I lathered up... it didn't just run off and leave me smelling soap. The soap itself is as awesome and gentle and lathery as the other BPTP soaps I've tried.

Let's talk about the scent: it's intense. No gentle neroli to my nose... it's like, WHAM, hi, have some tuberose and why not take a side of sugar cane while you're at it. It's not terribly citrusy to me, though I can tell there's lemon in there somewhere. A lot of things about this scent remind me of Sugar Moon.

Unlike Sugar Moon, however, I like La Primavera. Sugar Moon's like sweetness and rotting things to me. La Primavera is like sweetness and blooming things. It's a pretty perfect representation of spring, and if the oil ends up smelling like the soap, I'd say that people who like that sort of scent are really in for a treat. This stuff is beautiful.

La Primavera soap

The soap: this comes in a beautiful wrapper, and has also been plastic wrapped to keep in the smell. The soap is light green with a soft texture (cuts like butter, as someone else remarked). The smell of the soap when dry is a zingy citrus-floral with a slight green tea like scent, and moss. It actually reminds me of Cauldron Gunk.

Washing with the soap: it has a soft lather and feels very nice to wash with. Doesn’t leave hands too dry either, I don't feel that I urgently need lotion after washing with it. And the scent is perfect-I don’t like my soaps too overpoweringly scented and this is scented subtly and doesn’t clash with other scents. The skin scent is a little bit different to the bar scent, it’s heavier on the tuberose and I also smell more of the orange blossom, with a hint of green powdery moss. Very bright, refreshing and youthful scent, it reminds me of Fire Pig as well, a similar spring blossoms and citrus scent. The scent sticks around but still stays subtle, the way I like it.

Overall I am very happy with this soap, both it’s texture and the way it is gentle on the skin, and the fragrance. This lively, happy scent is perfect for warm spring days, and I would love to see this scent, or something similar, make it into one of the Inquisition products!

:P

This bar of soap seemed very unassuming when I took it out of it's rather beautiful wrapping. On dry sniff I couldn't get more than a generic soap smell out of it.

Thankfully, this is not the case when wet. I felt like I was taking crazy pills though, because my nose smelled black tea with lemon, a light floral infusion and a pinch of sugar. I know, I know, there's no tea note in there...so my nose must just be going crazy. But that's what I smelled. Not what I was expecting at all, but very very lovely. Clean and sophisticated. This doesn't lather like crazy, but the lather it gives is very thick and creamy and luxurious. I will enjoy using this soap and look forward to seeing how it compares to the upcoming oil...

I'm glad that I purchased the entire La Primavera set, even though this soap would have scared me away from it. I have the worst time trying to wear white florals and I can't pull off sharp citrus notes. The La Primavera soap & atmosphere spray are headache-inducing and sharp smelling for me, but the perfume and bath oil are gorgeous.

Dry, this bar of soap smells like generic, hotel room floral soap. Wet, this is more strongly scented than most of the BPTP soaps have been, but I don't really like it (that figures, lol). It's generic white floral soap with a shot of sharp lemon. And, as with most of the BPTP soaps I've tried, I found this to be really drying to my skin. I just had to try it to see how it compared to the rest of the set...