Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I’m getting something entirely different than everyone else in this thread and I find that delightful!! I love this one- maybe not on me, but definitely still love it. I originally wrote this off as just tobacco and not super complex- but testing it again helped me change my mind on it. This is a smooth, warm, rich tobacco. I don’t get the vanilla until well into the wear, and even then it’s super faint. But it’s sexy and complex in a way only older men can be, it’s sophisticated with a little dark twist. Lasts a long time, and the people near me sniffed as i walked past and ask what i was wearing which i always count as a win!!!! 

On 5/1/2008 at 4:58 PM, VioletChaos said:

Bronze gears spin inside a polished wooden case, and an entire universe dances within.

Teakwood, oak, black vanilla, and tobacco.

Picture the moment when I first encountered this fragrance, and oh, the disappointment! It was like expecting a red-carpet-worthy diva but instead being greeted by a boisterous foodie who just couldn't resist the temptation of lotus biscoff biscuits. Oh, what a sweet dilemma! It's like the scent said, "Hey, I'm here to indulge your dessert cravings, whether you like it or not!" but no class, sophistication or charm, just brown burnt lotus biscuit :-(( 

But hold on tight, for the story takes a delightful twist! Time works wonders in the realm of perfumery. Three weeks later, and behold! Our once candy-coated gourmand has undergone a transformation, akin to a caterpillar spinning its cocoon and emerging as a breathtaking butterfly.

Now, the scent has evolved into a true masterpiece, a symphony of sweetness and warmth. Imagine cuddling up in front of a crackling fireplace, surrounded by the aroma of rich vanilla, velvety caramel, and a sprinkle of magic that transports you to an old wooden box, the kind that holds secrets and whispers of ages past.

In this aromatic masterpiece, there's a touch of whimsy, as if the fragrance is playing a game of hide-and-seek with a memory of metal gears. It's like the scent is whispering to your senses, "Look, there's a hint of steampunk charm in here, but shhh, it's our little secret!"

Now, some may call that metal note faint or even imagined, but isn't that part of the allure? In the enchanting world of perfumes, sometimes it's the faintest of notes that leave the most significant impressions, like a wink from a mischievous faerie.

Note to self: Never underestimate the power of time and chemistry, for even the most unassuming fragrances can weave their magic and leave us yearning for a world where we smell as enchanting as this hidden gem. 

Purchased an imp of this to try out! I had high hopes as the scent notes are ones that I gravitate towards.

in the bottle i get the wood and tobacco. Wet on my wrists, the woods fade back and i get mostly tobacco on top and a powdery vanilla under. Within an hour, the scent completly transforms on me! It turns very spicy, im not sure if it’s the tobacco or teak. It smells just like OG Old Spice Cologne from the back of grandpappy’s cabinet. Which, I dont hate but it did catch me off guard!