Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the imp: Cake! Yes, that's obvious, but it really does smell like fruitcake!

Wet: Reminds me a little of Hellcat. I can smell gingerbread in there, and a hint of booze! Definitely almonds too.

Dry: It's nice, still almondy! Not something I would wear out, but maybe at Christmas! :) Ooh, and I just walked across the room and got a hit of glace cherries!

Edited by redderz

Spicy cake, rum, candied cherries, and nuts are the notes I am getting out of this blend on my skin. Amazing how close Beth gets to the real thing.

Everything has already been said about this but I'll say my peice too, I don't wanna be left out hehe.

Ok...FRUITCAKE smells like friutcake! Weird huh??

You can really smell the almond in it. I can REALLY smell raisins...and the actual cake note. There's a bit of spice here..almost smells like Christmas Pudding but a bit sweeter.

A really cool..realsitic blend that's alot of fun!!

:)

In the bottle: Cake.

Wet: This is an honest-to-goodness fruitcake. It's one of the most realistic perfumes I have ever smelled. Brandy, almonds, cherries, damp, moist cake--it is all there, in the perfect blend. It doesn't morph on my skin. It doesn't leap out and yell "Alcohol Ahoy!" It just stays fruitcake.

Dry: Still fruitcake. I like this scent. It is straightforward, and very nicely blended.

First sniff: LIQUOR and candied fruit, with a good dose of buttery cake underneath. Nothing subtle about this one!

Wearing: On my skin it’s mostly butter and candied fruit; that bourbon note goes away quickly, which is good because I’m headed to work… Actually, the whole thing fades away surprisingly fast. Darn.

Received as part of a superfluous gift pack (thanks!) Mmmm dried fruits, syrupy cherries, and creamy cake!

A friend allowed me to test her imp :)

In the Imp: I can smell the cakey part and the little hard jellied fruits.

Wet on Skin: Raisins and dense bready cake.

While Drying: I get hints of the jellied fruits peeking out from time to time, but I mainly pick up the cakey-bread aspect.

After a Little While: The cakey scent has dissipated, and it is mainly a slightly sweet, fruity scent.

Later: Not very long lasting. A light sweet fruit scent to the end.

Final Thoughts: Not quite my style, but definitely fun to test.

Fruitcake earns a 3/5 on my skin.

Mmm! Delicious spicy gingerbready cake with candied cherries and nuts. It seems surprisingly faint to me, I'm used to ginger-spicy scents staying strong for ages. Cute while it lasts, though!

Edited by Gin

Yet another post where I am in agreement with Gin above me! I literally could have written her review! I had the exact same reaction to this.

Wow! I can't believe that I've had this stored away for three years and haven't even tried it until today! Got this as a frimp from a generous swapper, full and only sniffed once. I tried it today and... HEAVEN! Heaven for people who like foodie, cakey, fruity goodness that is! Smells exactly like Christmas to me. Lovely, yummy smell. But I will swap it because I have a problem with hoarding tiny amounts of oil that I will never ever be able to get more of. I adore it but would love someone else to be able to experience this one-of-a-kind foodie's dream!

Full disclosure: I have never had proper fruitcake. The only fruitcake I've tried was an awful store-bought one that my aunt insisted we try one New Year's Eve and it was gross. :P 

But this smells nice! It smells like a cherry-studded, slightly buttery baked good with some dusty spices. The only downside is that it stays close to the skin.

Now I want to try a cherry fruitcake that doesn't contain any raisins.