Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
misoxmikado

Herbes de Provence?

Or something thereabouts? It's a combination of spices and herbs (or is it just herbs? I can't recall the exact formulation of the mixture at the moment...) that's used in France's famed provençal cooking. Oh, what I'd give to smell like that all the time...

(Edit: Oh damn, I've misspelled "herbes" in the topic title. 6 years of French for nothing.)

Edited by ivyandpeony
Saw your comment about the typo in the title, used magical mod powers to fix it =)

~looks on her Penzey's bottle~ sez here, rosemary, fennel, thyme, savory, basil, tarragon, dill, oregano, lavender, chervil and marjoram. I'd try to get my paws on some Scorpio. Failing that, Arcana, Nero, Antony, or Santa Eularia des Riu I think might be your best bets as green, herbal-type scents with a touch of lavender.

I think the closest one is by far and away Calliope. I use Herbes de Provence a lot and Calliope really reminded me of them b/c of the lavendar and herb combination. :P

Edited by euterpe414

You may get some good ideas from this thread - I am not crazy about herbal scents in the big picture, but the best match for herbes de provence I ever tried was Ides of March. There are lots of different herbs in it and no single herb dominates.

Sign in to follow this