Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
alicia_stardust

Blood Countess Claw Polish

Gloss
Bloodbath red: a ghoulish maroon.

Blood Countess claw polish is unreleased so there is no official description yet. I purchased this at Bat's Day.

I immediately fell in love with the color of Blood Countess and it was my favorite of all the claw polishes at Bat's Day. It is a very deep, dark red that reminds me of the darkest blood red wine; the kind that no light can filter through. In low light it appears almost black, and yet when the light hits it I can easily see the dark blood red hue. I do not have Lady Macbeth to be able to compare the colors, but I believe that Blood Countess has less of a brown hue to the red. I also believe it may be a touch darker than Lady Macbeth and has a cooler color tone.

The quality of Blood Countess is on par with all of the other claw polishes. It goes on smooth and silky, layers well, wears well, is less stinky than your average polish, and is easy to remove. I find that when I use a base and top coat with Blood Countess it lasts quite long without chipping.

Well this is just about the most gorgeous deep red ever. Thick, clotted blood red, without the brownish dried-blood quality of Lady Macbeth. This won't be leaving my toes any time soon and will be gracing my fingernails as soon as I get a chance.

I can't wear Blood Countess the oil, and since I have a little obsession with Countess Bathory it's quite nice to be able to wear her polish instead.

When I made my order of polishes, I bought Mme.Moriarty, Destroying Angel and Blood Countess.

Blood Countess lies between the two - and I was really impressed with the fantastic color of it. It is almost like a black-red if that makes sense. It's very much red, but has the same "falling into darkness" quality that Destroying Angel has. I'm quite smitten by it. I thought I might be when I read about testers trying it - but I'm really blown away by it. It's very sexy, and very dark. In some ways I love it more than Mme.Moriarty because it is an unusual red - it's not the red you think of when you think of red nailpolish.

I'm intrigued and I love it.

Of the polishes I got, Blood Countess chips a middleing amount. But it's sturdy enough for wear during the week.

I love this stuff!

N.

I admit that I found the formula somewhat tricky to work with -- it didn't seem to apply as evenly as some other polishes I have, and it looked a bit streaky and not as opaque as I wanted until I got three coats on. This seems to be a problem with creme formulas in general, though, or at least the dark vampy cremes that I have -- I have great coverage with two coats with my dark shimmer polishes, but my cremes all seem to take three coats to achieve the desired level of opacity.

The color is OMG EFFIN' LOVE. With three coats it's a deep vampy blackened burgundy. Holy crap, it looks so classy and gorgeous. I couldn't stop staring at my hands. (It was great on my toes too, but I *loved* it on my hands.)

Unfortunately it chipped like the dickens. I used it in conjunction with CND Stickey basecoat and Super Shiney topcoat, and I had chips within a day. (By way of comparison -- unlike pretty much everyone else on the planet, I find OPI horribly chippy and get great wear from Essie.) I did not try the Stickey sandwich because I hadn't heard of it yet, so I'm curious to see how much the wear improves when I do. I'll revise my review and report back.

Oh the splendour of Blood Countess. It goes on so smoothly, making application very easy to control so I made far fewer boobs than usual.

One coat: cheery pinky-red like I've been picking stones out of cherries.

Two coats: sexy mid-red, sophisticated like.

Three coats: Deep dark red, edging to brown in some lights, to black in others. It makes me feel how I really am. Hey mama I'm a dark and sexy lady, you'd better watch out.

And I found it held on better than any other varnishes I've tried, not chipping at all until day 5. And even when it's chipped it just looks sexier, like a lady who uses her hands well...

The Countess went on so well, that I barely needed my usual two coats. It dried quickly, and has no nasty smell to it. This is a dark, rich maroon red, not burgundy, and with no hint of brown, but more like a deep plum shade. I'm very impressed with the colour and the ease of putting it on; it's not too thick, but not too thin, either.

I am very impressed with the staying power of this polish on my toenails. I've had it on over a week, and not only has it yet to chip, it is still as glossy and shiny as it was the day I applied it. My hands haven't fared nearly as well, but I am utter hell on nail polish, so this is hardly an indictment of the quality of the product. The color is so red as to be nearly black, very rich and beautiful. I think it would be flattering on a variety of skin tones. It took three coats to get it fully opaque for me and not streaky, but it was well worth the effort. The brush applicator is forgiving. I didn't have any glop accidents like I have with other polishes in the past. I can't wait to try more colors!