Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sarada

Cheshire Cat Soap

One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree.

'Which road do I take?' she asked.
His response was a question: 'Where do you want to go?'

'I don't know,' Alice answered

'Then,' said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'

Grapefruit, red currant, dark musk, Roman chamomile, delphinium, and lavender.

Water, Saponified Organic Palm Kernal Oil, Coconut Oil, Soy Oil, Fair Trade Organic Shea Oil, Sodium Lactate, Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, Ground Rosehips, Citrus paradisi, and Cheshire Cat.

Wow, are there really no reviews for this yet?? I picked this up at will call because Cheshire Cat is one of my old favourites, and one of my first ever bottles. I know that because of all the oils and other ingredients that this will not smell quite like the oil, but it's bound to still be lovely.

And it is! I'm going through the bar very quickly, not from using it a lot but because it seems to wear quickly. It's not quite like the oil, it doesn't have the strong presence of grapefruit and soft, tea-like herbs...I think there's more of a creaminess to it because of the soap ingredients, but I think rosehips might be adding more that gritty texture to it.

Like all of these soaps it has a wonderful soft moisturizing quality, that makes my skin smooth and doesn't dry it out. I think wearing the oil after bathing with it would be a perfect complement, because although it doesn't quite have the sharpness and strength of the perfume it has that same soft lightness with an herbal touch.

all i really seem to get from this is the crisp grapefruit, which is very zingy, with maybe a bare hint of lavender and musk. it's a very fresh, clean scent, and i find it perfect for spring and summer.

Cheshire Cat is in my top five of favorite GC bpal oils, but I don't think that the soap really smells anything like it. Perhaps it has a vague smell of citrus and chamomile, but mostly it just smells like soap. It's a pretty bar, cream colored with flecks of reddish brown (the rosehips?), making it sort of peaches and cream colored. I found it to be pretty drying, and lightly exfoliating. I think that my favorite thing about the soap is the wrapping paper that it came in (checker pattern with paw prints and Cheshire Cat faces & all sorts of cuteness <3). The soaps are wrapped beautifully, but I wish they were more strongly scented and less drying.

I have to agree with Tania. Cheshire Cat is one of my very favorite BPAL oils, whether GC or LE, but this soap just doesn't smell like it to me. Instead, it smells like a pure sandalwood soap. A very nice sandalwood soap indeed, but not what I was hoping for. I did not find it drying at all however, and I do like the little scrubby bits. I just wish I got some grapefruit out of it, as that's what I was really hoping for.