Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
kebechet

Email shennanigans.

Shennanigans. Love that word.

I've posted this in the LJ Community, I know, but I wanted to make sure that whenever something funky is afoot everyone knows the status of it.

There's something a little off about our email for the past few days. All emails that I send to clients with AOL mail addresses are bouncing back, and I'm having some trouble with both our outgoing and incoming mail. I'm working with our service provider to recitfy the problem as quickly as possible, but it seems the root of it is MyDoom.

If I had enough energy to make voodoo dolls for every single bastard that writes these viruses, believe me, I would.

does your host have a webmail option? I know mine does for all of my mail accounts, so I can check them from either Outlook or through my control panel if I'm not at home. You might have an easier time sending out mail that way until you get the virus issue cleared up. It's what I do whenever my pop account is being bad.

And yes, authors of viruses do suck. I never quite understood exactly why they devote so much time to getting into personal computers who have nothing interesting for them to mess with. Sick amusement maybe? I guess we just have to rely on karma to deal with them.

:roll: Damn AOL. Makes me sorry that I ever worked for them. Although I seem to be getting plenty of spam on my AOL account.

Hi Elizabeth

I have set up a Hotmail account. Perhaps your lost email may reach me there?

My address is harlowbabe72@hotmail.com

Argh!!! I really hope things straighten out for you soon!!

May the bird of paradise poo on the people causing all these problems :P

Elizabeth,

I'm presuming you are still having email trouble?

Do you think it would any difference if you sent the message to my husband's account? Or, I could do another resend via his email addy? It probably won't make an iota of difference but who knows?

Hubby isn't comfortable giving out his addy so give us a yell here if you're interested. :P

Hi Elizabeth,

Did you get the copy of the email, that I had previously sent twice, and that I sent again on Friday?

Thanks

Kylie

News is that the source for Windows NT/2000 has been leaked, so the worst thing to expect is more trojans and viruses in the future as coders try to exploit this sort of thing.

not necessarily - after all, linux/bsd's source for *everything* is completely out in the open, and there aren't even a third the number of viruses, worms, etc for them as there is for windows

of course, they're also better about announcing problems and patching their code .... then again, they're not windows so people don't hate them :P

I wonder then if my email has gotten lost in the mess?? I sent it on the 10th Feb though?? :P I'm so desperate to order!! :D :D

Claire xxx

Sign in to follow this