Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Dusty amber, grey musk, red orchid, moonflower, night-blooming phlox, stock, honeysuckle, English ivy, toadflax, and purple salvia.

Wow. This is a really unusual beautiful floral. When the package came in the mail and preliminary sniffing ensued, this was one that caught my attention.

Wet: grey musk and dusty amber apparently like my skin. (Bat-Woman works well on me too). The red orchid is second. It really does an amazing job of adding dimension and plays off the amber and musk amazingly. They're quite harmonious, however! Moonflower is gorgeous and innocently seductive as usual. I can smell bits of the stock, honeysuckle and ivy. The overall impression is a "true" perfume base, but on deeper inspection, I'm not repulsed or overwhelmed. (that's normal for regular perfumes..they draw me in and then cause headaches and/or nausea or, at best, just an overall feeling of ickiness). There's something iridescent about this. It reminds me of Black Opal in some respects.

Drydown: sweet orchid, moonflower, and honeysuckle with amber and grey musk background. I'm surprised the grey musk stuck around! I can still smell bits of ivy, and now a whisper of toadflax. Overall a sweet dusty gray. I never thought I'd smell that in a perfume..ever. Very interesting and curious how this will shift in perception, in the warmer months ahead. Love it!

Bat is full of soft, sweet flowers. I can pick out the moonflower, phlox, and orchid, but I can't really identify anything else. It makes me think of Midnight, though Bat is maybe not quite as cool.

Wet on my skin: I don't smell much to Bat. It's so low-throw that I slather on another dose, but it smells faint to me even so.

What there is of Bat on my skin is a soft, subdued purple floral with a slight grey fuzziness that I take to be the musk. When I next check two hours later, Bat is just a fuzzy grey musk.

Bat is a sweet, moonlit floral type of scent. I can't really pick out each individual flower in this, but I definitely get the phlox, which I recognize after having tried the single note bath oil, the moonflower, and some orchid. The flowers are sweet, but soft, and backed by the grey musk and amber, which become more noticeable after several hours of wear, as well the honeysuckle, which I was not able to pick out before. That said, it is primarily a purple and grey scent.

I generally prefer sugary floral scents, but this is a nice floral-dominant scent. I like the grey qualities to it, and I am glad that the honeysuckle decided to come out after a while. :) I'm not sure if it's one I'd reach for to wear, but I'll hold on to it throughout the spring months and see.