Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
inkmonkeys

Carnal Soap (by Silk Road Trading Company)

Bold, bright mandarin paired with the sweet, sensual earthiness of fig.
Water, Saponified Organic Palm Kernal Oil, Coconut Oil, Soy Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Sodium Lactate, Jojoba Oil, Caster Oil, and Carnal.

BPAL's fig blends turn into absolutely *amazing* bath and body products - when I put Gomorrah directly on my skin, my chemistry amps it so that I walk around smelling like Evil Fig Newton. However: a dropper in a bathtub, or a few drops in unscented lotion or hair goop?
Figgasm.
So I couldn't resist the temptation of Carnal soap in my hedonistic suds-buying frenzy this month.
Poor, unappreciated Carnal - don't overlook this beauty in favor of the more hyped blends like Shub or Snake Oil (right now Carnal is stomping her feet in my soap dish, and I can hear the faintest echoes of "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!"). This is lovely - a warm (not bitingly hesperidic) orange whose glow is deepened by the Lab's gorgeous fig note. It's subtle and soothing in the shower, and layers gorgeously with other fruity, figgy scents.
You wanna plotz? After a Carnal bath, try a few drops of Nemesis blended into body lotion and slather it on. Seriously. You'll plotz. I'm not kidding.

The Carnal soap is my favorite of the BPAL soaps I've tried. It's just such a great skin scent, and something about it is incredibly sexy and also comforting when used in a soap. It is subtle, but delicious. If you've ever even mildly liked fig, do try this soap. It's such a nice one!

BPAL's fig note is amazing. It has a dull sweetness and an almost wooden sort of smell to it. I like Carnal, but Intrigue was my ultimate fig fragrance. Mmm. But this isn't about fig perfumes, so back to the soap...

I wish that the Carnal soap had a bit of a stronger scent, but it's pretty light and doesn't leave any scent on my skin after use. It has a nice, creamy lather and a delicious fig with hints of sweet orange fragrance. It's still a bit drying to my skin, but I generally do need lotion after washing anyhow. Carnal is a good little soap, though I dunno if I'd ever buy another bar. It doesn't wow me enough to justify the price tag. I'm just in the camp of people who like stronger scents, I suppose, lol.

This is a very smooth, silky, yellowish white bar of soap. The fig note in this is a bit earthier than I expected, but it is very nice and clean. It has a little bit of a green, herbal bite to it when it's wet. The scent doesn't linger on my skin, but the bathroom does smell like fig for quite a while after my shower. This is a very pretty, high quality soap.

(Snake Oil is still my favorite soap; Of course it is, because it costs more!! :P

I got a sample of this in a swap :P

I'm amazed first of all at how much this little sucker *lathers*; I had a wee sample from Wilde Ivy as well and I had to really work to get any suds out of that thing. Carnal produces masses of bubbles, which is great. Also it doesn't strip my skin at all -- a plus because my cuticles were dry and painful after camping in the chilly south of Wales for a week.

The scent isn't very strong to me, perhaps because this is just a wee sample. I get predominantly orange with a nice spice note.

Carnal soap was my first BPTP soap love, and it remains among my favorites. Carnal soap is also responsible for making me fall in love with Carnal as a scent. I had not tried the BPAL perfume before the soap came out, and now I always keep both on hand.

As with all the other soaps, Carnal is soft and moisturizing and it lathers really well. It has the perfect amount of richness from the fig and the perfect amount of zing from the mandarin.

like other reviewers here, i have to talk about my great love of carnal, which is sooo underappreciated by the community in general. to me, carnal is bedroom eyes in a bottle (or bar, in this case), so understated and sexy. the one problem i have with carnal is that it has almost no throw; it's a scent for yourself or those who get very, very close to you. as a single woman, i'm the only one who gets to enjoy my carnal, but that's okay.

dry the mandarin is strong but the whole effect is kind of dusty, powdery, which makes me nervous.

in the shower magnifique! the soap is slightly less bright overall than the oil is, but a bit headier, too, and the shower area is pure, steamy orgasmaphoria.

after shower true to its parent oil, this has little to no throw and just exists as slight sweetness on the skin.

i think carnal soap with a follow-up moisturizing carnal blend (lotion or oil) would be my in-for-the-night happy place.

The Carnal perfume was too sweet for me.

Not in soap!

This is a creamy white soap, with nice lather and the fig has a woodsy/earthy vibe to it, so it isn't too sweet. The scent is nice and light afterwards.

Very comforting.