Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
inkdarkmoon

Persuasive Scents

I am starting a new job today, ( I am hoping it will be the dream office job where I can sit at a desk and play solitaire/surf the web all day), but I am having a hard time choosing a scent that comes across as understated, classy, elegant, and at the same time, light and crisp and un-offensive to someone's delicate sensbilities (there's someone like that in every office, I have found)

I need a scent that says "I know you only hired me for part-time secretarial work, but within minutes you will find that I am completely indispensible and you do not know how you ever got on without me"

Any suggestions friends?

Is the boss male or female?

It is a male, and he has one partner. It is a VERY small business (which is fine, because that is what I am used to), so I think it is just going to be me, and 2 30-something males.

I'd say Onerioi or Tempest to start off with and then move toward a headier scent if you feel like it. No sense in revealing the awe that is Snake Oil from the get go :P

I want to thank those of you who responded so wonderfully to me on the Introductions post. Some of you recommended that I should repost my question here:

I'm looking for something that makes others feel at ease and more receptive -- the type of thing to wear when you want someone to give you a job, for example. In other words, a persuasive and charming fragrance....

So far the recommendations are: High John the Conqueror, Van Van, Libra, Hymn, Queen Mab, and Love Me.

Any more good ones to test? I am assembling a list for Imps Ears....

I greatly appreciate your help. Thanks in advance!!!

:P

Edited by deandra

I wore Namaste to my last interview...and it worked like a charm! It is one of my favorite of all the BPAL scents. Another tried and true favorite...Snake Oil. I suggest you add both to your list of imp's to purchase. They're both fabulously intriguing. :P

I wore Snake Oil to a recent job interview, and, well...I got the job! :P It is a wonderful scent; it's definitely a 'sexy' scent, but it is warm and comfortable and inviting at the same time so it is never too sexy, if you know what I mean. I've also found that it lingers in people's minds---several times now I've been asked what perfume I was wearing on a previous day or even week, so obviously they remember it well!---which would certainly be a boon on the job seeking front.

Persuasive and Charming?

Well .. Queen Mab, as mentioned, is a lovely scent .. I feel empowered when I wear it, certainly. Same for Old Morocco. Water of Notre Dame is a calm, soft scent that keeps me calm in tense situations, which might be good. I have to agree with Snake Oil being a good 'memorable' scent. (Oh, how I need to order me some!)

Of course, anything warm but not agressive might be good, as it might help the prospective employer 'warm up' to you. *smiles* Also, any scent that makes -you- feel like you can take on the world .. when you feel confident, you appear confident.

I haven't tried it myself, but Quinkel said she had good experiences with wearing High John the Conquerer (one of the Voodoo blends) to a job interview.

You guys are great! Thanks for all the recommendations!

:P

Edited by deandra

I'm a little late getting here, but you might try this thread for some other ideas for interview scents.

If you don't find what you need, you can always throw a little more info at us and we can give you some more specific ideas. :P

Best of luck with the interviews; you'll do great! :D

Sign in to follow this