Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ivyandpeony

The Ecstasy of True Love

Patchouli, carnation, peach blossom, frankincense, honeysuckle, and Spanish mandarin.

In the vial: Sharp patchouli, resin, and a bit of honeysuckle.

Wet: Tthe patchouli yields to a rush of warm scents: frankincense, honeysuckle, carnation, and after a minute the peach comes up. Heady, sweet, warm.

Half an hour: Spicy carnation and honeysuckle, with peach. I really, really like this one.

One hour: Peach carnation honeysuckle patchouli fabulousness. Oh darn, I am completely in love. True love.

Three hours: Oh, my heart is broken; I'm in love with another rare LE. This is spectacular, like all the best aspects of Imp melded with the honeysuckle note of my dreams. Even my husband says he likes this one!

Four hours: Doesn't last as long as some. Surprising, for a scent that powerful on me. But I don't care, I'm still in love. A half-imp is never going to be enough!

Five hours: A little bit of resin, faintly orangey.

Seven hours: Still that tangy bit of resin hanging on.

I pursued this until I acquired enough to keep me from obsessing about it. It's Top Five for me!

I get the peach right away and this is a very "flowery" scent in a way though there's only carnation and honeysuckle listed. Light, sweet and feminine with a heavy dash of peach in the foreground. Pretty but not my cup of tea. oooh the patchouli just kicked in though. Hm. I love patchouli... makes this dryer and dustier. I still think I'll end up sending this one down the road to the swaps pile.

The patchouli and carnation here is just wonderful! I'm really liking this. Wet, there is a bit of a cloying sweetness from the peach blossom and mandarin but as it dries it mellows beautifully. The frankincense stays in the background for me, and the honeysuckle is gorgeous. As I continue to wear it though, the mandarin seems to gain back a little of the cloying sweetness from the wet stage. I ended up having to wash this off because it went so sweet. Not for me unfortunately.

Unfortunately this one wasn't true love on me. It was a very, very dry incarnation of the Great and Illustrious Carnation of Doom (which I amp like all doom) on an equally dry patchouli and frankincense background; I was hoping for the frankincense to save it, actually, but this type of frankincense turns out to be a really dry church-incense type and not at all the sticky-resinous type; overal this ultimately ends up very perfumey and just not for me personally.

Edited by Invidiana

On immediate application, it's whoa-patchouli-frankincense-peach. As it dries, though, it turns into a resinous, gooey-sweet floral with a fruity background. I'd call it the much older and more mature sister to Depraved - the patchouli in this isn't as dirty, but it's still very similar. These are all notes that do really well on my skin, but somehow the combination just isn't quite as awesomesauce as I was hoping. It's still really lovely, though!

4/15 edit: I've changed my mind, I like this a lot more now that I've actually worn it out for a full day. It's a great gooey summery scent that isn't toooo floral.

Edited by marared

In the decant: Peach blossom and frankincense. 

On my skin:

Wet, the sharpness of patchouli comes to the forefront, though some of the lighter notes are still evident in the background. As it dries, the patchouli remains prominent, with several notes warming and sweetening it. I can pick out peach blossom, honeysuckle, and fankincense. 

As it develops on my skin, the throw is more floral -- peach blossom, and I can now detect the carnation as well -- with a touch of patchouli, while the skin scent is patchouli with a touch of floral (and the carnation disappears here). 

I'm torn on this one. I love the grounded floral throw I get from it, but that's always a bit elusive, as I can only catch whiffs of it when the air is just right. The scent close to my skin, with less floral and more patchouli, is perfectly nice but not so remarkable on me. If I was someone who was looking for a way to wear "soft" patchouli but hadn't found it yet, though, this would definitely be something I'd want to try.