Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Her lover is away on a long journey, and she is pining for him. Sleepless and disconsolate, she counts the days until he returns: blue iris, fennel, dark musk, verbena, and a drop of star anise.

First sniff: Bright lemon and licorice over a bed of powdery flowers. I want to drink these flavors in a tea.

Wearing: It’s all lemon and powder. Lovely for tea, not so great on my skin.

This is such an interesting scent. I'm a bit disappointed by the notes that I'm not getting any of, but the ones I do get are practically single-note. Wet, it's all verbena. Very light and citrusy. About five minutes later, after it dries, it's all star anise. Very odd, as I was trying a few different scents and wasn't sniffing it continuously throughout the time I had it on. I almost wasn't sure I knew which one it was when I went back to it.

Very cool. Maybe it'll change more later :)

Woo.... I can definitely smell the verbena in this one - strong, citrus but definitely verbena, as opposed to lemon. It's a little sharp and herbal. I get maybe a whiff of anise, and powdery florals. Intriguing, but not for me.

In the bottle: lemongrass note, though verbana it smells a lot like lemongrass essential oil

On skin: the scent is first like lemon drop candy, very sweet, very sugary

Later On: about 15 minutes in, notes of spice and floral emerge, it has a very innocent smell, reminds me of childhood, then changes into the lemon note from Tin Phoenix

Even later: morphs into a more sophisticated blend, an hour in, it smells like an exotic spicy floral, none of the notes standing out too harshly

After an hour: florals still there but a little powdery...which adds a bit to the blend, getting an almost absinthe type odor now...hoping that keeps up, topped off with iris...and iris is coming out now as the major note, backed with lemon and anise

Verdict: to early to tell how long this lasts, but it would be a good daytime scent or a more sophisticated summer scent for those who don't like too sweet perfumes, as long as you let the perfume go from lemon drop to floral, might be a keeper, might take a few more wearings to see if it is right for me, it is pretty, smells like a walk through an herbal garden, not too strong, but where you get whiffs of scent here and there, it's smells very warm climate, exotic but not tropical

Edited by Madame Nyx

Lemon verbena, musk and anise combine together to make a sweet citrus musk with slight floral undertones. Lemon candies is a great description of Proshitapathika. It's a perfect summertime scent. Bright, sweet, lemony and very happy.

This was a very generous frottle from the Lab! Thank you! Without reading the notes, I guessed maybe a light patchouli and lemon verbena, but not too stronk, actually relaxing and calming. 

It basically dries down to a soft version of this, slightly earthy, grounding lemon verbena. This is totally not something I would've reached for, but I like it somehow. Feels more like a witch's oil or charm than a perfume. I might keep it for calming purposes.