Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
viciousviolet

The Hanged Man

In The Bottle: A sweetness, like fruity bubblegum.

Wet On Skin: More of the same, the bubblegum aspect seems to be intensifying.

Dry Down: I concur that it's a "warm" scent, not given to easy classification, as is true with nearly all the original Tarot oils I've had the good fortune to try. There's something about this scent that reminds me, in feeling, of Hod- that warm, cozy, comforting aspect, as if I might wear this on a day when I'm mourning the loss of something less significant than a death but more significant than a hangnail.

This card, being about liminal, in-between spaces, is tied closely into my thesis work this year, and as such, I'm especially glad to have this bottle come into my life at this point in time. :)

I know a several people have thrown around apples and lotus, and yes, I’d agree with that. The Hanged Man is bright and clean and fruity. On skin, it has perfumed soapiness and an odd fruit-musk. I don’t know that I’d match it up with the card, which I think would be gloomier. But actually, as it develops it does become more sedate. Certainly the apple makes sense; you can just picture it dangling from a tree, swinging in the breeze like the Hanged Man himself.