Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Penetrating and gifted, vulnerable, with just a hint of opium-blurred delirium: poppy smoke, champaca flower, tonka, sandalwood, ginger, white pepper.

Bottle: Definitely champaca and it kind of smells like skin musk. There's no skin musk in here but if pressed I would assume there was.

Wet: The wet phase is strongly champa with a little touch of the poppy smoke. Very slight hint of ginger in the background.

Dry: Strongly nag champa over a soft, smoky base touched with sandalwood. A little ginger and pepper in the background. This is surprisingly feminine on me. Probably because I amp nag champa like no one's business (it's okay, it's one of my favourite notes). Very skin close and alluring. There's a little tonka sweetness here. Very creamy and beautiful.

Throw: Minimal.

Overall: This is an absolutely gorgeous scent. Sweet and soft and warm with just a bit of grounding from the sandalwood. Close to the skin and very sexy without being sleazy or overt. Definitely on the big bottle list. Edited by paperrose

I couldn't remember what the notes in this one were, so here are my blind, completely unsophisticated observations.

The first few minutes were really strange, because I smelled PEANUTS. Salty, creamy peanuts. That lasted maybe 10 or 15 minutes, and then it faded into an orange-apple smell, with some woods and a bit of floral in the background. It was sweet and slightly spicy, a very fall scent. Sweet, spiced apples and oranges with some woods and floral. I am guessing, looking at the list of notes, that I was probably picking up on the ginger and pepper, which were sweetened by the tonka.

The throw was pretty mild, and it didn't last long. 3 hours after applying it, I can still smell it about an inch away, but barely. I like this scent, and I can see wearing it during the fall, but I would definitely have to slather and reapply periodically.

This was a surprise hit for me. I picked this up on LJ in a buy 2 get 1 free deal and decided if it did not work I would just move it along on my sales page. Wow, out of the three bottles (and I knew I liked the other two) this is one of my new favorites. At first, when I applied it I had all negative thoughts that it was a huge NO and I would probably be running for the sink. I was soooo wrong :blush:. It started out sort of funky and then blooms to the most wonderful scent. I immediatley knew I needed more. When I read the notes I was so shocked this smells so glorious on my skin. I would have passed this one up in a heartbeat since I see more than one death note listed. I am so glad this pretty much fell in my lap due to my indecision of what to pick as a free bottle. I have learned a small lesson that the notes do not always tell how beatiful the scent may be when it hits your skin. These notes combine to make the most comforting and warm scent. I do not get a blast of floral as expected. This scent is just amazing and a little mind boggling to me :lol:.

Frimped an imp in a swap.

IN THE IMP: This is very odd and unusual in that I can't put a finger on ANYTHING on first sniff. Pepper, maybe?

Dabbed on one wrist.

WET: This is surprisingly sweet, almost candied floral and medicinal ... something. Yet it's also kind of exotic. I think the ginger may be what is causing the sweetness. It's very nice and hard to pin down. I'm not even getting images or colors.

DRYDOWN: The notes blend quite beautifully, which makes it even harder to identify any of the individual notes. Overall, I'd call this an herbal scent which doesn't really make sense looking at the components, but it's what my nose and brain are insisting. At the very end of the drydown, something funky rises which turns this from a keeper into a swapper.

OVERALL: I would have thought from the name this would be male or at least gender neutral but it's surprisingly feminine.

On a scale of 1-5. a 4.