Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A wanton beauty, corrupt, hypnotic, seductive, and feral: magnolia, iris, Moroccan rose, frankincense, crushed jasmine blossom, blood orange, tobacco flower and white musk.

This is AMAZING! No, I'm not the lucky ebay winner of this, just in case you wanted to know! I swapped for a partial bottle, however, and I'm so happy!

In the bottle: Smells a little spicy and nondescript. I was worried!

Wet: Spicy and dark and rich! I've never really had a musk work on me, but this is lovely. VERY fast drydown.

Drydown: A beautiful spicy floral! After a bit it takes on a bit of citrus to it, very nice! This is just LOVELY. I am so impressed! I will want a full bottle of this, for sure!

In the Bottle: I detect soft florals and something deeper, but I can't distinctly recognize it.
On my Skin, Wet: More soft florals, a touch of musk, and something dry like dust.
On my Skin, Dry: Still mostly soft florals, smells like iris to me, a gentle musk that is mostly gone, and dry honey-powder (not baby powder, it's a sweet, somehow foody powder).

Verdict: I really expected this one to be more pungent and diabolical. It is soft, faint and demure.
I'm so glad that I got a bottle of this! it's a very gentle Halloween scent, and actually quite nice in summer too!

Orange and floral. Really interesting. It's becoming more clean, a soapy floral. It ends up going to playdoh on me. I'm guessing it's the iris or the Moroccan rose. Possibly mixed with the magnolia.

Edited by Carrie

There's a happy, then sad, then happy ending personal story with this review.

When this first came out, this used to be straight up sweet playdoh floral on me so I gave my bottle away to a friend. She adored it and year later had made it down to the last few drops, so I hunted down a second bottle to surprise her and one popped up randomly, woo!

When it came time to ship the bottle, radio silence. It turned out she had passed away and no one had told me. :,( 

I couldn't part with the 2nd bottle as it always reminds me of her. Well today, for some odd reason, this is an absolutely gorgeous beautiful powdery floral musk! I can actually make out the jasmine, and maybe tobacco flower and definitely iris, but it's not turning to play-doh! The white musk is clean, but not overtly soapy. Not picking up much orange or frankincense, maybe they are supporting the overal musky floral and providing balance, if anything.

I'm thinking maybe the trick with this blend is apply on the crux of the elbow, light application. There is something unsettling about it, totally Lucy, totally vampire. I'd like to think I can smell something of what my friend could smell now  and it makes me joyful that I can wear this in memory of her, and not just see it fade away unused on the shelf. 

Miss you, girl. When I get to Valhalla, I will follow the trail of Lucy until I find you, and we will make fun of the bois together once more!:hugs: