Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Chrysanthemum Moon

Her scent is bewitching, almost intoxicating: a sensual incense of crushed mums, red ginger, and pulsing musk ... and the air is thick with leaden brown opium smoke that hangs thickly over a seductive mixture of red musk, body-warmed perfume, and hypnotic Eastern flowers.

oh man. definitely the poppy/opium note. smokey, but not in a burnt way, more like hazy. I can see the descriptions of creamy, but its not a food/milk cream. The spice is very subdued on me. The whole thing is subdued, dreamy, but still sexy. Very much a fall scent. This is THE spice scent for me I think, I quite adore it! I barely get any musk from this at all, maybe I dont smell it but its the creamy velvety quality that I love here. I almost smell a hint of wood underneath too.

sweet smoky velvet floral spice

At first the mums are really prominent with the opium and it's a bit sharp. As it drys down, however, there is this gorgeous spicy sexy red musk floral thing happening that is really gorgeous. I'd love to find a bottle of this, it's yummy!

In the bottle - I'm getting quite a bit of the chrysanthemum with a nice backing of musk and opium to support it. The ginger is just a bare glimmer in the back of my nose, more a tingle than a real scent. It's a dark scent, deep and yet floral. Interesting.

Wet - Hrm, still true to the bottle.

Drying - Sigh, I should have known. The mum is coming out strong and soapy now. The ginger is completely gone and the musk has backed off to let the opium have the full background. But it really is quite soapy, with an almost powdery residue.

Dry (3.5 hours) - The soapy floral backed off quite shortly after it really settled down, going back to a very close version of the bottle scent only slightly dusty and dry. Unfortunately, by now it is quite faint and sweeter than it was. It still is decent smelling, even if the darkness and strength of it are lost.

Overall - I'm surprisingly happy with this scent on me. The spiciness with the floral against the dark background actually works very well. I'll try it out a bit more and see if a bit more of a liberal application gives the strength more "umph."

Mum moon....

Smells like dead chrysanthemums on my skin. Stinky dead mums. Had to wash this off. :rasp:

I wasn't sure what chrysanthemums would smell like in a perfume or if I'd even like them. The red musk and ginger notes made me want it anyway.

I was scared at first, since the liquid in the bottle smelled like heavy florals. I applied it and after a few seconds, the floral calmed down and red musk, ginger, and opium smoke took center stage. It has a decent throw, but it doesn't stop me from wanting to keep sniffing my arm up close.

It's a dead sexy, spicy, incense-y floral. One of my top 10. :wub2:

Resiny spicy floral. I get a weird syrupy-sweetness, too. And incense smoke. I want to like this, but it's just a wee bit off--I don't know what is in it that I don't care for, but I'm going to have to swap this away.

Can I first say how gorgeous the label is?! I'm not usually drawn to the Lunacy blends, usually too many notes, but the reviews on Chrysanthemum Moon sounded lovely.

This is a musky, earthy floral. Not earthy like patchouli or dirt, earthy like sun-warmed, dry, earth. It's scent color is reddish orange, like the beginnings of a sunset when the sun is low and hazy.The warmth increases as the oil dries. I cannot stop sniffing my wrist. :wub2: