Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

JUNE UPDATE: COMPLETE

Normally I would re-post all of my blah blah blah from the Shiny & New section here, but it feels like that would be just... just... taking up too many 1's and 0's. The site update for June is complete, and between that and the 'countdown' post, I think I've answered most of the questions about the new stuff that I saw floating around here. If I missed anything, poke me.

Gently, please.

I am a little bleary right now, so my proofreading skills were sketchy at best. If you catch any snarks, please PM or email me and let me know.

I'm going to post the update news on the LJ community and do a quick all-around pimping, and then I am going to pop open the first bottle of wine I have bought in over three years [no time to drink!] -- a bottle of '02 Windy City Pinot Noir [cheap but nice & fruity], pour a glass, lay down on the couch and watch a CSI rerun while I reread Prisoner of Azkaban.

Good night, all! I hope you enjoy the new update. :P

Please get some rest, as I think you all are going to be horrendously busy quite soon. Why am I wasting time here? Thanks!

You deserve it! I love Harry Potter--they're really great for relaxing (like brain candy). I just spent the last two hours awake in bed, having BPAL fantasies. :P Back to bed I go!

Now it's time to chill out, relax, and congratulate yourselves on a job well done.

I just have one thing to add:

Imp prices reduced for the time being! There is a God(dess), and her name is Beth. I'll be scrambling for the rest of the week to decide what needs to be sampled immediately. Unemployed or not, I can't NOT take advantage of this.

Okay, I'm freakin' out. The Site Update is not appearing on my computer. It still says updated May 16. What's up?

Have you tried a forced refresh? On PCs, you hold down shift and click the refresh button (from what I hear). On Macs, I haven't the slightest. If you know how, you could clear your browser's cache, or, more simply, close all of your browser windows and re-open you browser. If these don't work, then I haven't the slightest as to what's going on...

You deserve a long rest and a relaxing time for a while now, you've really outdone yourself with these scents!!

Can I just say though:

"Eventually we will also be offering pre-packaged sample sets as well, and we will be instituting a program in which you can automatically purchase samples of the new scents as they become available."

Wheeee!!!! I never thought this would get to become a reality! *glows happily*

Awesome job with the update. I'm so excited about the scents. While I'm still working on getting my comp to tolerate CC Now, I was able to use my roommate's computer for ordering. Woot! Relax, enjoy your wine, and prepare for the deluge!

Holy crap Beth! That is one AMAZING update :P !!! And I'm just in awe of all the new scents you have coming up letalone the new ones!!! You really, REALLY deserve that break! As for reduced Imps... *hopelessly tries to crush urge to make another order when already has one on the way and no money* gahhhhh!

Hey! No fair! Astarte gets her own oil!! *winks*

Oh .. wait .. yeah, I got Tigerlily. That's good enough for me. *purrrrs* June 7th. June 7th June 7th .. *chants*

Alas, I am in the same situation as lorajc: no update, even after closing all the windows and opening my browser again :P

Oh well. Maybe tomorrow morning...

Alas, I am in the same situation as lorajc: no update, even after closing all the windows and opening my browser again :P

What browser are you using? Some don't delete the cache when you close it, it might need you to go empty it manually...

What browser are you using? Some don't delete the cache when you close it, it might need you to go empty it manually...

Still no luck, but thanks for your help, clephan :D

"Eventually we will also be offering pre-packaged sample sets as well, and we will be instituting a program in which you can automatically purchase samples of the new scents as they become available."

:P I was about to say the same.

Thanks Beth I am *almost* overwhelmed with all the new scents and changes. Hope you enjoyed the wine, have a good rest and prepare for the onslaught :D

Pam.

:P I was about to say the same.

I will definitely be signing up for that the minute that it's live! Oooh, so exciting! (I know it probably won't happen for ages but hey, I'll still grin like an idiot for today anyway!)

I will definitely be signing up for that the minute that it's live! Oooh, so exciting! (I know it probably won't happen for ages but hey, I'll still grin like an idiot for today anyway!)

You and me both. :P

Will you please explain exactly what I need to do. I am not very Internet literate. I have rebooted several times and nothing. I came to work and logged on real quick and I see the update, but I NEED to see this from home, as I'm not really allowed to be on the computer from work.

Someone please help me. I'm going crazy. I tried closing all of my windows and doing a search on the internet and pulling the website up that way and it still is not current.

If you use internet explorer you need to click on tools at the top in the menu bar.

Then click on Internet Options.

In the window that opens, in about the middle of the screen, there should be a button that says 'Delete Files'. Click it.

In the small window that comes up put a check in the box that says 'Delete all Offline Content'. Click OK.

Your mouse pointer will turn into an hourglass .. for a long while if you've never done this process before. When it turns back into a regular arrow you can close the windo by clicking 'OK'.

Close IE, go back to your desktop. Empty your Recycle Bin.

Restart.

If that doesn't fix it, PM me and I'll try to work you through it another way, as there are a few other things that could be the problem.

I just placed a sizeable order with Paypal, but I checked CCNow to get my totals first. I noticed a glitch in the CCNow ordering. I wonder if anyone else did. The sample packs of 6 imps are still coming up at $18 and now there isn't any place to type in the names of the scents selected.

I just placed my paypal order too. Hmmm, let's see, one order placed early May, then I added onto that order just two weeks ago and now I have placed another order. I think I might be in need for some intervention. :P

Yes, Sistinas...we can be in the support group together. I placed an order two weeks ago and again today.

And even more scents next week...dear me, I need to get a job or my husband is going to take away my shopping priveleges!

Yes, Sistinas...we can be in the support group together.  I placed an order two weeks ago and again today.

And even more scents next week...dear me, I need to get a job or my husband is going to take away my shopping priveleges!

*slaps self on the forehead* that's right, there will be more in another week. I am weak I tell you, weak. *Stands up and clears throat* "Hello, my name is Tina and I am a BPAL-aholic" :P