Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Tesseljoan

Meditation

Mod Note: FYI, there is another 'Meditation' oil/review topic located in the general category of TAL.

Dot gently onto your temples and third eye prior to meditation. Helps clear the mind and calm the spirit. Can also be used as a candle dressing or diffuser scent.

I put this on my temples and my forehead as instructed, and meditated. I have used Concentration for meditating as well, as an experiment, but this oil is much calmer, and therefore much better suited for mindfulness meditation. It gives a gentle nudge whenever my mind starts to drift off (whereas Concentration would hit me back into concentrating and focusing). I have tried this on only one session, I will update when I have used it a bit longer.

I don't feel comfortable giving a complete scent description, but I will say that I can smell violets and I don't detect any "controversial" notes, such as vetiver, civet or patchouli.

Edit: but a patch test might be a good idea (a patch test is always a good idea). My skin turned just a wee bit red from this. Nothing painful, though.

I have been using copious amounts of Meditation to dress candles in the room where I do my yoga, and to anoint my third eye and temples. I feel, in a nutshell, that this oil truly helps me penetrate that outer layer of the mind that is usually buzzing with activity and tap into a place that is still and quiet. Also, somewhat unexpectedly, on all three occassions that I have used this in conjunction with my yoga practice, I have felt that the physical aspect of it was easier. I didn't get tired as quickly, and I generally felt a lot more physical strength. I attribute this to the fact that my mind was still. That is, I wasn't distracted or preoccupied by feeling tired or bored, and I wasn't thinking ahead to what was next. I was just being and doing -- and nothing makes time fly faster!

This oil is a great tool to help me focus on penetrating, letting go and just being. I am very greatful to have it.

ETA: I don't have a strong impression of the smell, but generally, it is earthy, and reminds me of a milder version of The Coiled Serpent. If I had to, I would guess that it contains patchouli or vetivert (although those are two of the notes that Tesseljoan didn't detect -- go figure!).

Edited by summer

Scent wise - to me this is clean and green.

Utility wise - I found using this oil made my meditation seem more intense, the pathworkings more vibrant, almost startlingly so. I also found that afterwards it was easier for me to ground myself and that I was more alert to the world than I normally am. I'm very impressed.

I like Meditation. Scent-wise, it reminds me a bit of Tushnamatay -- it has a similar woodsy, sandalwood-y kind of scent. I dotted it onto my forehead and tried to meditate. I don't really meditate on a regular basis, but this oil did help me to calm my mind and relax, letting the thoughts flow freely.

i tried this tonight while doing yoga. i felt very very calm and grounded-it was much easier to silence my mind and with my yoga practice there is a part to imagine oneself as a tree with roots. this scent definitely made me feel deeply rooted, and it was much easier to do so. the scent seems a little bit powdery and earthy, but i am not sure of the notes. i think this really helped deepen my yoga practice, and i could see using this regularly for yoga and meditation.