Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
abberlaine

Egyptian Amber

Hey! Could anyone name some blends that contain Egyptian Amber? I sniffed an imp of it at a Meet n' Sniff today, and sweet baby Jesus, it's sublime.

Hey! Could anyone name some blends that contain Egyptian Amber? I sniffed an imp of it at a Meet n' Sniff today, and sweet baby Jesus, it's sublime.

From the good ol' search engine:

Carnaval Noir

Snake Charmer

Sensual, sibilant, sexual and hypnotic: Arabian musk and exotic spices slinking through Egyptian amber, enticing vanilla, and a serpentine blend of black plum, labdanum, ambrette, benzoin and black coconut.

Wanderlust

Hollywood Babylon

The essence of innocence shattered: glittering Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla - dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry.

Other than the Single Note, looks like these are the only other two. Unless Beth just didn't quantify amber with "Egyptian" in some of the descriptions.

I was lucky enough to snag a bottle of the SN Egyptian Amber and it is the most heavenly thing ever, I could just breathe it in all day and never get tired of it.

This is pure speculation on my part, based on the way that the amber in these blends reacts with my skin - but I wonder if the amber Beth uses in Sin, The Lion, Black Lotus, Baghdad, and Jacob's Ladder might also be Egyptian amber. However, these blends seem to have some spicy components that could be mimicking the spiciness that the Egyptian amber has on its own. I'd give them a try anyway, if you love amber - I know once I realized how much I loved it I had to try everything with amber in it.

Sign in to follow this