Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
friendthegirl

Olfactory caffeine: Wake up, Stay Awake with BPAL

Aizen-Myoo is CRAZY citrus and is great for waking up, especially if you love citrus. The yuzu is insane and so energizing... I never knew citrus could be like that until I opened the imp and the scent almost exploded in my hand. Whoo! :P

Mata Hari, to me, is very warm and cozy but when I mixed it with Hymn this morning, it perked me up something fierce. It's coffee and fragrant smoke and vanilla. It's like waking up to pancakes and coffee and buttery syrup, how you can't sleep through the succulent scent... lovely. It may have an adverse reaction while homesick, though.

Unearthing an old topic here . . .

I found that my new imp of Arcana has the delightfully strong scent of lemongrass when I first put it on, which dies out after about ten minutes on me. It's also light enough that you can put something on later and not have any issues with layering incompatible scents.

I was using it to wake up at work last week and thought I'd mention it. :P

My baby never sleeps and thus I need anti-TKO in a big way... but citrus (and most fruit in general) is terrible on me. Anybody have good "perking up" scent ideas for a resin and spice lover who doesn't do well with sweet, fruity, or foodie blends?

:P

My baby never sleeps and thus I need anti-TKO in a big way... but citrus (and most fruit in general) is terrible on me. Anybody have good "perking up" scent ideas for a resin and spice lover who doesn't do well with sweet, fruity, or foodie blends?

:D

Oh no! Sleep, M, sleep! :waves Jedi hands: (Need me to come over & do the Magic Baby Dance again? :P )

There's a bit of orange in it, but the discontinued Calliope is a really fresh herbal, very industrious. Block Buster comes to mind, too - on me, it smells like cloves & a trace of pear cider, not very foody or sweet. Bamboo & green tea are more gentle kicks-in-the-pants - I'm thinking F5, Holiday Moon, maybe Green Tree Viper... Depending on how you do with neroli, Ultraviolet might be worth a shot.

I know you don't do well with fruity nonsense, but I have to recommend Green Phoenix - the lime & papaya are barely noticable, just adding a tart little zing to the grass, cucumber & sage...

:D

Oh no! Sleep, M, sleep! :waves Jedi hands: (Need me to come over & do the Magic Baby Dance again? :D )

Yes please! :) She actually does fine as long as someone is holding her/paying attention to her -- it's just when we get to 3am or so and I can't cope with being upright any longer that we hit the real trouble... :P

There's a bit of orange in it, but the discontinued Calliope is a really fresh herbal, very industrious. Block Buster comes to mind, too - on me, it smells like cloves & a trace of pear cider, not very foody or sweet. Bamboo & green tea are more gentle kicks-in-the-pants - I'm thinking F5, Holiday Moon, maybe Green Tree Viper... Depending on how you do with neroli, Ultraviolet might be worth a shot.

I know you don't do well with fruity nonsense, but I have to recommend Green Phoenix - the lime & papaya are barely noticable, just adding a tart little zing to the grass, cucumber & sage...

Hmmmmm. Herbal, cloves and cider, or bamboo/tea -- all of those I could definitely deal with. You even make the Green Phoenix sound pretty good! I'll start decant-hunting. Thanks for the suggestions!

http://www.internatural-alternative-health.../ingr182594.cfm

I have been mixing this up with either Thalia, or Pink Moon for a couple of years now. I love them both but really can't justify buying more Pink Moon just for this (at least not until I get my tax refund next year). Any recs for some bright, sweet wake-up BPAL that will layer nicely under lots of scents?

My daily moisterizer is fractionated coconut oil mixed with Kyoto. It's light enough that it fades to a general skin-like sweetness after application, but it just brings a smile to my face after my morning shower. It's definitely a bright, "pink" scent. Other ideas that spring to mind:

Moxie: The panaceas are a bit more expensive than the GC, but I find them a lot stronger so a little goes a long, long way. Moxie is a bright, sweet citrus and it does exactly what it advertises. Only issue is that until you figure out the exact distribution of scent to shower gel, you might smell a bit more strongly of it than you'd prefer.

Schrodinger's Cat: Sugared citrus with a touch of oakmoss and mint.

Alice: If you're using Pink Moon 07, this has a similar carnation note, although not quite as sugary. The honey note makes it a bit more sensual than the bright sweetness of Pink Moon.

Endymion: A softer, more dreamy version of Thalia's pear.

Maenad: Sweet, fruity carnation.