Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Imbues you with additional spiritual, mental, and emotional strength. Tremendously stimulating and energizing.

First sniff: Vaguely medicinal and more than a little sharp. It’s an almost menthol-y herbal.

Wearing: Aha – I bet it’s eucalyptus. It’s actually quite nice on my skin, and I’m getting the shock-of-cold-water alertness that I usually get from cold/minty scents. It’s a little bit fruity underneath… ooh, this is what I hoped Jabberwocky would be on me. An initial burst of eucalyptus followed by smooth orange. So incredibly much better on me than in the vial.

at first: an earthy scent. very strong.

on: i think i smell some pine, with some darker earthy notes.

half an hour later: very fresh. this reminds me of some sort of cleaning product. it's much lighter than before.

1.5 hours later: a sharp citrussy scent with pine.

overall: i can see how this would help give someone more energy. it's a nice, fresh, reviving scent.

this one was a bit weird on me, i got the clean fresh scent while in the vial and i agree w/ shollin i thought it might be eucalyptus too. then it hit my skin and...voila no scent at all, nothing i mean really not even a int of somthing, i drank it i guess :P

I used to have a dried wreath hanging over my bed that was mostly eucalyptus with some pink peppercorns and other herbs in it - Vigor smells exactly like this. It made me feel "vigorous" in an outdoorsy, let's go for a hike sort of way, but seeing as I used it while I was in Florida I... just went to the gym. I wouldn't wear this for its scent, just for its purpose, but I can't help but think this would be a yummy scent on a guy (and maybe the term vigor could be read in more than one way?).

I expected this to be an invigorating scent, some sort of wake-me-up stimulant like Moxie. I'm not getting that at all.

It smells like: Cold fresh water. Like a clear little pond on a spring morning. At first it was a bit astringent, but not after about 15 minutes. And it's very soft. My nose has to be right next to it to smell it. It has a similar throw and feel to it as The Mock Turtle's Lessons, to me.

It's a pleasant, playful scent. Cheerful but not sweet.

In bottle: Medicinal woody and pungent

On Skin: This is a very strong blend. I get a smoky woody medicinal note, not very pleasant at all. As it develops on my skin it becomes very menthol/herbal. I think it is eucalyptus… very pungent, but also slightly dirty. A little while later into the drydown a sweet citrus surfaces, it smells like orange and now this scent reminds me of an orange cleaner. It’s very fresh and the “cleaner” smell starts to fade luckily. It does give me vigor but I don’t like the way it smells. I think I might pass on this scent since other blends give the same effect but smell better to me. Very strong throw and long wearlength.

Vigor is a cold, medicinal, sharp fragrance to my nose. On my skin it's a chilly menthol, cold evergreen, and some sort of citrus that makes me think of bitter orange peel. It gets more aquatic in the drydown, and a tad soapy, before it disappears after about a half hour. Stimulating like jumping into a freezing lake.

I dropped a little oil into the palm of my hand, and briskly rubbed my hands together. I pressed my tired head into my hands and inhaled deeply.

My first impression was... lemongrass. It actually smelled to me like Tom Yum soup, like Thai food. It still is wafting up from my hands kind of deliciously.

I am exhausted on every level described by this oil today, but need to function. So I may also put a little in an oil burner. All the help I can get...

It did seem to wake me up and motivate me a little, but only a little. Maybe I need more.

Wow, this was interesting. I get an almost bitter citrus scent, like citrus rind - quite bright and energizing. After it dried, I also got the distinctive TAL herbal smell, as well, and it became more medicinal-y smelling - kind of lemongrass-y. In any case, I put some on this morning (ahem, afternoon), because I'd slept really late and I wanted to get going and accomplish stuff today. In any case, I did indeed feel energized for the rest of the afternoon - almost jittery, but not in an unpleasant way; a little antsy. This would be great, I think, if you needed energy for big, labor-intensive tasks, like working out, or raking leaves, or cleaning out a closet. It's not the greatest for fine-motor-skills tasks - I was packing up some imps and kept dropping stuff and knocked over my soda once! But I was really impressed by how well this worked.

Edited by Anna D.

Yet another impressively effective TAL blend!

I swapped for a bottle of Vigor with a lovely forumite (thank you!) shortly before leaving for a 10-day trip overseas. I thought I could definitely use a bit of extra vigor to deal with the jetlag, the heat and the very early mornings- I had to get up before sunrise every day.

I applied Vigor every day and I can honestly say that the effects were quite spectacular. I adjusted to local time as soon as I landed, got up effortlessly in the morning and was able to walk rather long distances under the hot afternoon sun without feeling tired in the least.

Since I came back, I have been using Vigor more sparingly, but it has proven quite helpful to get me through the holiday season and its endless list of tasks.

The citrussy/fresh (grapefruit and eucalyptus?) scent is pleasant if very short-lived on my skin.

Highly recommended to anyone who needs a pick-me-up in the energy department, with the caveat that I would only use it the morning. It is too stimulating to apply closer to bedtime.

Edited by Ishtar