Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
wickedgoddess

Harvest Moon 2005

The autumnal scents of gladiola, chrysanthemum, aster, dahlia, anemone, bergamot, marigold, sage and verbena dust a blend of wine-soaked apples, plums, and red pears, mulling spices and brown sugar, the ivy leaves of Dionysus and Janus’ amaranth and lingum aloe.

oooh....lunar flowers, light spice and creaminess...apple....bit of smoke on the drydown (patchouli perhaps?) but not a ton...this reminds me of Old Moon in it's complexities and layers...it's beautiful. Unfortunately this was an imp i purchased and it got exploded in transit, leaving it's mark on the other imps and leaving just enough to test....sigh.... if you see it, try it. the layering is gorgeous.

Sniffed: Deep golden oil. Complex. Sweet, spicy, boozy. I get lots of fruit, all the listed ones, but especially the apples, plums, and wine. A strong cinnamon note. A bit of sage, but not too harshly, and some ivy. I do get a vague sense of florals but they are very distant and not individually apparent.

Wet: I get the grains and wood now - that amaranth is so nutty - and even though the cinnamon is actually lighter on my skin, this makes me think of potpourri now and it didn't before. Nearly all the fruits have simply vanished, though I can pick out a little pear from the faint remains. Bizarre evolution.

Dry: Amaranth amping, though in part it's just that so much else has evaporated. The cinnamon is returning a bit and I get some other spices though I can't pinpoint them. Where are all the floral notes? The bergamot? The verbena? I get a tiny bit of chrysanthemum, at least, and it's still faintly winey.

Summary: I get a bit more sugar later...but it's not really brown sugar. It does smell crystalline, though, and it's pleasant, though faint like this scent on the whole. Dries down to spicy redhot cinnamon and nutty amaranth potpourri. Low throw and fades quite fast.

Harvest Moon '05

A bounty of ripe fruits mingles with bergamot & marigolds. Tart apples & delicious pears are at the forefront. I can smell the mulling spices with sage and the rich fragrant chrysanthemums and marigolds. Bergamot and verbena lend a slight citrus feel. This is the ultimate scent.

One of my all-time favourite fall blends. I have 05 and 06, and they're different for sure, but I love them equally. To me, 05 is more floral, but just as fruity. Like fall in a bottle, to me.

Autumn in a bottle! :wub2:

This remind me of an aged Queen Alice in the wet stage : apple cider being heavier on the spices and brown sugar ! I get yummy fruits soaked in wine as well :biggrin:

Something a tad bitter/woody came through after 1-2 hours, but that's ok, it blend well with the other notes! :wub3: