Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
violetblue

Temple: Norse

-no desription that I know of-

I don't know if I'm nuts, but this is Snow White with some sweet fruits in it. :P

It's soft, feminine, and freaking GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd buy a 10ml if I could order it by mail THIS SECOND. It's that good!!!!!!! :D

Edited by violetblue

This really is an awesome scent- ritual use aside, it makes me cheerful and happy. It changed my mood from intensely foul and nervous to sunny and optimistic when I applied it- which was no small feat. I'm still marveling at my change of spirits. I feel kinda "so what, why was I so upset?"

It's got almost a baked-goods smell lurking under a nice berry- perhaps a fig. It's _almost_ "Christmas store" but better. A reddish-purpley scent. Could there be a hint of cocoa in here as well, making the sweetness a bit dusky? A bit of blackberry? Yum... yum yum yum.

I will have to wear this into the winter. It's just ... divine. I am trying to avoid licking my wrists.

Could it be a date bread?

(I know, I am cycling through fruits like mad here trying to guess. Might have a "molasses" undertone to it as well.... )

i got my bottle a while ago, and it took me a while to place the note, But it smells like crisp fall apples, w/a hint of berry and alcohol. Very comforting and sweet. Totally appropriate. I'm going to annoint my runes with it, and then I'll never want to put them down.

In the bottle - almost a grainy nuttyness with boozy crisp autumn apples.

On - So this is what heaven (or rather Vahalla) smells like. Red Apples, maybe fremented red apples, a hint of some red berries is coming out as well as an almost breadlike sweetness.

As a Scandinavian-American mutt, I've been salivating over the prospect of this blend for months now. I haven't quite decided what I am going to use this oil for but have decided its purpose will present itself.

OMFG apples! Boozy dark syrupy apples. Reminds me of The Hesperides a bit. As it dries the scent itself becomes drier. It reminds me of making those dried apple witches with my mom when I was little--the peeled apple dries into a wrinkly facsimile of a witch's face. This smells like dried apple witches. And a touch of Roadhouse somehow, oddly. Freyja's golden apples and a slightly spicy-musty warmness; I LOOOVE it. It makes me feel in touch with my ancestors.

My first thought when using Temple: Norse was also that it reminds me strongly of The Hesperides, only I like it more than The Hesperides somehow. My bottle of The Hesperides smells like cinnamon apples and a sort of ashen, leafy quality. This is more like spicy (but not necessarily cinnamon-spice) boozy apples. They're sweet and crisp at the same time.

After several minutes, Temple:Norse becomes very sweet apples. Almost as though a sweeter fruit or a sweeter floral note is lingering underneath the boozy apple scent. It reminds me a bit of super-sweet jasmine, but it's not overpowering or bad in any way.

It's very lovely, just based on scent alone.

Swapped for this on a whim, but am so glad I did... In terms of a scent, it's lovely - like someone just blew out a really good blackberry-scented candle. I've been feeling a bit put-upon by my son & husband lately, not really feeling like a team player, so I've been using Temple: Norse at night to help bring my mind back to hearth & home. It's made a discernable difference in my role as mother/spouse - I'm feeling much more connected to the family spirit, and am starting to see the positive effects on my relationships with my extended relations. Oddly, I think it's also affected my interactions with dogs, of all things - suddenly I'm The Dog Whisperer, getting very hands-on & quietly but firmly she-wolf authoritative with them... :P

The lovely tartchef was generous enough to share a decant of this lovely blend with me when I purchased a few things from her sale recently, and I am SO GLAD because it is really amazing! This is in that same scent family as Vinland (and also Verdandi and even Lampades or Coral Snake, to a lesser degree), but it is far richer and more complex. The sweet berries are the top-note, but I can catch wafts of something just a bit frost-bitten underneath, as well as wisps of delicious smoky incense. Yes, syrupy apples and some booze as well. This scent alone makes me feel like a powerful, sexy Viking woman - it will no doubt be incredible for ritual work!

:love!: