Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
UltraViolet

Plum

120239392.jpg

Brumbjorn thank you so much for this sniffie of BPAL's Plum single note.

BPAL blends which include Plum (vs. Asian Plum, Black Plum, White Plum, Wild Plum, etc) as one of it's ingredients:

Noir, Fruit moon, Harvest Moon 2005, Midwinter's Eve, Bathseheba, Bordello, Megaera, Hanging Gardens, Yerevan.

In the bottle

Plum, dead on, clear and bright and lushious.

On

Oh man, this is good. It's fruity but sexy. This plum single note has got a musky quality to it and it's really great.

30 minutes

Sweet mother of God this is so good. Same subtley spicey dark red fruity goodness.

Throw:

A big winner in the throw department. Yay.

Scent category:

Fruity

Summary

Omg this plum has it's own perfumey scent too, it's very natural though. I'm not trying to say it's fake smelling because it's not, but it's almost a tweaked hollywood version of a plum. In other words it's almost too good to be true. It's almost spicy and sexy with it's red purple fruitiness. It' almost as if one added a bit of perfuminess (just a blush), some musk, and some cinnamon. And that's how it smells just naturally. Great throw and great lasting power too. Wow.

Purchase again?

I wish. I would do a 10ml.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

Like Beth's D'Anjou Pear single note, this smells like so much more than straight fruit on me.

In fact, I can barely recognize anything that I sould classify as fruity in this blend - it's very strongly spicy and smells almost like incense or a darker musk, in a way. I recognize this immediately as one of the predominate notes in Snake Charmer.

Unfortunately, Snake Charmer does not like me, and I fear neither does Plum SN. It's lovely, in a dark, smokey sort of way - but for me, it's also somewhat headache inducing.

This is a great one and can be worn very well on its' own. :)

It's dark and sort of smokey and very sexy and it smells like more than just the fruit - well, at least our plums here, smell more rounded and ripe and fruity than the SN. It's almost sort of musky/incensey.

If you have sniffed Dionysia, it's PlumSN that dark/smokey blast you get when you sniff out of the bottle.

Edited by ifinena

First up.. I need to do a big :joy: and send huge :wub2: to angelicruin for sending me a tester of this!!

This Plum SN is completely intoxicating - as soon as I took the cap off of the vial, I was hit with the velvety richness of plum - I immediately thought of Hellion, then a split second later I thought of Snake Charmer. It's not a soft and subtle plum.. oh, no. It's a WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM kinda plum - all dark and sexy and smokey, the kind of plum that saunters up to you with a juicy wink and wiggles its hips in a lewd fashion. A naughty plum! :D

So I dab it on, and I'm enveloped in a cloud of purple haze, smokey sweet plum with a touch of spicy sourness. It is very musk and incensey - I agree totally with the previous reviews. Hellion is still on my mind - this is definitely the same plum that Hellion has. Not so much the Snake Charmer now, but more the Dionysia type plum.

After about 45 minutes or so, the smokey sultriness and velvety smoothness that the plum initially had has worn off, and the sour undertone has crept more to the top. The muskiness has also faded a bit, the fruitiness seems more fresh now. The incense-y vibe is still there though, although it doesn't really smell like incense at all - it has that smokey feel about it.

It's now been on my arm for about 90 minutes, and it's still going strong. This is a plum that lasts and lasts - it's faded and softened but it's still very present. It hasn't really changed much since the 45 minute point - it's still slightly sour but still very rich and incensey. Actually I think it's at its best now - it was kinda stinging my nose a little before, because it was just *that* strong. But now.. mmm.. lovely dusky plum. Very, very nice - I'm so glad I got to try this one!!

First of all, a gigantic :wub2: to Sunshinedaisybliss for sending me this sniffie!

Normally BPAL plum is really thick and luscious on me, with a slightly smoky quality. I expected this to be the same as the plum in Bordello, Snake Charmer, Hellion v2, etc. Wet it smells fruity, but I expected that because of course it's a fruit single note. However, instead of morphing into the thick dark scent that I've grown to know and love it goes floral.

Body chemistry, for shame!

I've come to the conclusion that there must be plum blossom in this, because I often amp fruit blossoms and while it still turns out alright, predominantly floral with fruity undertones, the floral quality is a far cry from the dark, sensual plum I was hoping for. I am still very thankful I actually had the opportunity to try it, though.

Edited by Invidiana

Plum - I should just quote Invidiana's review word-for-word, starting with the thanks to SDB for the testable sniffy of this, moving on to the way plum is usually thick and and slightly smoky on me. I definitely expected the same plum that I've grown to love in Hellion v2 and Mme. Moriarty. And just like Invidiana, I expected the delicious dark juiciness I love, but instead, I get something kind of floral. There's a trace of the plum I love, but it's far in the background. It's also got a plasticky, synthetic edge to it. Boo to you, Plum SN! :cry2: I'm going to just stick with the plum scents I love. :yum:

This is a mix of dark fruity plum and plum blossom. It teetertotters over the dark, smoky plum and the more floral edges of plum blossom. On wet, definitely more floral and as it dries I get more of the dark plum note from say Bordello and Hellion.

Must say that plum as a fruit SN has survived much better than some of the lighter fruit notes I've tried.