Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
TroubleDoll

Blown out candles

I know, it's a little weird, but I was wondering if there is a acent that evokes the smell of just blown out candles- sort of a waxy, creamy,scent-not too much smoke but warm smelling, if that makes sense. I got a little of this feeling from Katmandu when it dried down.

Darkness without doubt, I even wrote it in a review a year ago. The name fits the scent so well!

Yes, Darkness smells just like that when wet on my skin. I wish it had smelled that way once it dried down, but hey, maybe you'll get lucky! Also, I've heard people compare Cathedral to candle wax/candle smoke. I got strong, heavy, polished wood -- no candle-ness -- but it might be worth trying.

Edited by riddel

I agree with everybody else here - Darkness IS blown out, spicy candles - I just bought 5 ml, because it is just that good :P .

I don't think anyone's tried it yet, but one of the Carnaval Noir scents, Gypsy Queen, mentions candle smoke:

GYPSY QUEEN

A heavy-lidded perfume, the quintessence of beauty and power shrouded in mystery, swathed in a deep, velvet-clad cloak of dark omens: Romany incense and candle smoke mingling with an alluring, body-warmed whiff of bergamot, neroli, Bulgar rose, carnation, and amber musk.

Gypsy Queen is very much a blown out candles smell. I get it strongly on the drydown. I find it a little easier to wear than darkness, which can be overpowering.

Edited by urraca

It's a hard to obtain scent, and it's not really a 'perfume' as such, but TAL's Temple Daoist has a definite blown out candle note in it.

It's a gorgeous scent, I think it would be very nice for meditation.

Kind of funny - quoting from my Samhain '04 review (and my nose may be insane, because NO ONE else seems to get this from Samhain =P):

What I smell is beeswax. It took me a while to identify the scent - I kept getting whiffs of honey (not the honey that's in O - a much cleaner, gentler, waxier version) when I was typing, but I didn't smell it when I pulled my wrist up to my nose. But that's what it is - a beeswax candle with an undercurrent of dried leaves and soil. This is early fall in a world before electricity.

Sign in to follow this