Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Gloriously innocent and guileless: pure buttered popcorn!

Another very nomablce CN scent :yum: This goes on very, very buttery, but thankfully the drydown reminds me of that sweet-and-salty Kettle Korn I keep far away from my house because I can't get enough of it. I also detect the slightest hint of what might be cinnamon, but maybe that's just me. Warning: do not wear this when you're hungry because it may cause you to bite off a chunk of your wrist. :eek:

Seriously...what the hell.

I cannot smell anything in the bottle or on my skin other than a weird synthetic/greasy/weird salty note.

This is possibly the biggest disappointment of the year. I was so looking forward to buttery-popcorn ecstasy but it wasn't meant to be :'(

In bottle: Yep, buttered popcorn. It may be a touch rancid. Wet: Salty buttered popcorn. Not rancid on the skin, luckily. I am not sure I want to smell like a movie theater, though it certainly smells really good. As it warms, the corn actually comes out further, which gets really interesting with the butter, which gets more natural and less accordlike in scent. Dry: A bit scorched on the dry down. I’m not sure if I want to go around smelling like this, but I’m not sorry I got to sample it.

In the Bottle: Smells more like caramel corn than buttered popcorn at this stage. Buttery, caramelly, slightly salty, delicious.

Wet: Smells EXACTLY like caramel corn. Exactly. I can smell the peanuts even! Very buttery.

Drydown: OMG! Buttery, salty, movie popcorn!! Still retains a slight caramel edge.

Verdict: Delicious! Do I want to smell like popcorn? Hell yeah I do! I love this. I am in awe, and I'm so glad I managed to snag a bottle! Yummy!

4/5

ETA: Unfortunately, this doesn't last very long on me at all. Still like it though :).

ETA2: I have since discovered that after an hour wearing this, the butter turns to odd peachyness on me. Pumpkin V '12 does the same thing, so it must be a type of vanilla. Still nice though :). The throw isn't strong either, so this isn't a perfume I'd wear anywhere, just for fun at home ;).

Edited by welcometothefamily

This was a delicious popcorn scent when sniffed from the bottle. Also just as yummy when I dabbed it on my skin but sadly when it dried it disappeared :(