Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Mantle of Venus

Brings immense success in love and money.

Bottle: Orange and Cloves

Wet: I get a fake note, but the cloves are pretty strong. I agree with the others, this smells similar to holiday pomanders. I'm using this because I just fought with my husband and I'd like the rest of our night to go smoothly.

Drydown: Spicy and sweet, but I'm still getting a fake plasticky note.
I'll edit later on the success of the oil.

SCENT - Hmmm. Am I the only one who gets carnations from this instead of cloves? Oh, well...

INTENT - I love Mantle of Venus and use it often. My home has always stuck me as very Venusian, right from the beginning when a dove tried to take up residence on my balcony within days of my moving in. Even the numerology of the address points to femininity and success in love and money. I haven't used the oil in spellwork, but I anoint pink candles with Mantle of Venus and burn them as offerings of thanks to Venus for the home, and for protection and good luck, and every time I do there's an aura of not only feminine joy in the rooms, but also power. Since using it I'm finding success in business and my personal sense of feminine power has definitely risen, to the extent that my long-dormant interest in the opposite sex - and hey, just sex in general - has finally returned.

It also really helps me during times of PMS, when my issues with sleeplessness, anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem are always badly exacerbated. Just before bed I put drops of Mantle of Venus on my wrists, heart chakra, and crown chakra, along with drops of White Light on my palms, back of the neck, and third eye. The combination calms and comforts my anxiety and depression almost instantly, and I feel the Mantle of Venus helps specifically address the self-loathing and body issues centered around femininity that crop up as a result of the PMS, too. I get a feeling of calm womanly beauty from the two that lasts through a good night's sleep and into the next day.

Yay, girl power! :P

Edited by Proginoskes

I went out this Saturday night and used both French Creole and Mantle of Venus. I wasn't so much focused on the important people (French Creole) or the love (Mantle of Venus) parts of these oils. I just wanted to have a fun night and I figured these two would play well for me. Honestly, I used both because I'm dumb and figured, two-times the power can't hurt right? You never know what'll happen.

Now, I'm going to go right off the bat and say it could have everything to do with what I wore that night. I wasn't anymore skimpy or overdressed than I usually would be for clubbing but then again, I'm biased because I'm wearing the clothes and therefore, not an objective third party observer.

Saturday night...goddamn. I've never been approached by so many guys, one guy wouldn't let me go for the longest time. I'm a "have-fun" type of gal so when he asked for a kiss, I gave him a peck on the lips. Short, simple, friendly. He wanted more and honestly, I was just looking to dance and have fun with my girl that night.

Now jump to another part of the night...my girl and I had been following around this tall military fellow. Cute, very good-looking. However, his friends were the ones who noticed us and came over to start chatting it up. I am not looking for some manly lovin'. I just want to make sure my friend has fun because the week hadn't been so friendly to her. In any case, I figured I'd play wing-woman and just keep the dude busy while she chats up the other guy. I'm just being my usual self, hamming it up. I don't know how much of a ham I was because by now, I'm a couple of drinks in. I'm pretty sure I stuck up two thumbs when he tried to joke about being 'umemployed' and 'homeless'. He was apparently in the military (which I knew because honestly...y'all travel in packs and have the same haircut).

Cue into another scenario, we're at the bar ordering drinks and another group of guys start talking to us. They're friendly and my friend is definitely having fun. She's claiming she can kick his ass, he's claiming he's super-secret-agent-James-Bond and can take her down; honestly, I think I started laughing like a hyena because the conversation was so outrageous and this is while trying to carry a conversation with his friends. Unfortunately, a girlie and her friend came by and cut right between us and his friends. They were part of his group. She did not want us there. I've never gotten such a frostier look in my life. Yikes.

We come across him later on and this time, while they (my friend and him) are talking, the girlie is tapping his shoulder hard and he's just ignores her while chatting it up with my girl. At this point, I'm having fun because my goal of the night was to make sure my girl had fun and the banter they had going on seemed to be the highlight of her night. The other girl's frustration made it so much better. I don't mean to sound so nasty about it but there was a little part of me that gave a fist pump in the air.

There were a couple of other guys, a bunch more stupid stuff but yeah. That's my first experience with TAL voodoo. This might have just been a lucky coincidence. I'll be using it again and let y'all know what the results are. :)

x-posted at my beauty blog.

Edited to comment on the scent...it smells strongly of anise.

Edited by SvelteRose

This smells a bit like The Raven in the violet sense. It is also soft and reminds me of a hot bath filled with rose petals surrounded by candles. Very feminine.

I will update with how it works when I have used it. I imagine that I will anoint myself or a candle and meditate.

hmm, i am not getting any clove as others have gotten. i am almost wondering if i swapped with someone who had a mislabeled decant, because all i smell is apples and something a bit aquatic or watery. it seems like a fairly joyful scent, it's bright and fruity, but nowhere do i get any spices in this, in the vial and on my skin. though in the vial, it smells like apples + a medicinal scent, that scent is not present on my skin, it's just warm golden apples which are sweet and slightly tart.

I really, really want to like this scent because I've gotten very into Venusian work, but it doesn't work well on me magically and the scent settles on me in a very powder-y "grandma style" perfume way which makes it hard for me to feel sexy and glamorous.

Luckily, both magically and scent wise, if something doesn't work for me, it usually works for my hubs and vice versa. He uses this scent very nicely.

This was one of three bottles (2 separate orders) I purchased after Forest restocked. Love & Money are definitely two areas I need help with right now, so I figured why not.

I decanted a tiny bit (about an imp's worth) into a small roller-ball bottle, for easier application to myself, and decided I was feeling brave last night, so I tried a little.

In the bottle, I get something ... green, almost like grass. I don't know how else to describe the scent. Applied? I get the green, mixed with a little spice. After a bit, it becomes apparent that there's either cinnamon or cardamom in this, because I start getting the tingle/burn I get with either of those oils. As I didn't get the red streaks that normally come with cardamom, I'm going to guess cinnamon.

I held my arms to my nose, and breathed in the scent. There was still that hint of green, but I started to get more of the cinnamony goodness. It was the warm smell of red-hots, warm, soothing, and a little stimulating. I can understand why this would help with increasing your chances for love!

I haven't had a chance to test it out in the world yet. It did make me feel better about myself (which was much needed), and lord knows, it worked on my cat - I'm almost wondering if the green-component isn't catnip, because I've never seen her so affectionate. I woke up with her on my chest this morning, and she *never* sleeps there. She would not leave my side all morning.