Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I was uncertain about Cthulhu from the description and even more from the reviews here. I'd been contemplating it for some time, and someone kindly gifted me a free imp as part of a forum order. Aquatics generally seem to behave well on my skin, and this seems to be another case of that. 

This scent is something very specific to my brain: being on the Mendoncino (Northern California) coast in an early summer storm. This is a vivid scent memory of walking on the Mendocino Headlands as a summer storm blew in back when I was in high school and went out there in the summers: sea spray and that ozonic storm smell and flowers blooming in amongst the sea grasses that blanket the headlands. There's the smell of seaweed in the ocean air, but not the way it gets weird when on the shore too long. 

This is a beautiful scent on my skin, though I'll have to be in the right mood to wear it.

Coming back to this review to add: right mood to wear it is apparently very broad. This has become one of my most reached for scents and one of the GC scents that I've upgraded to a full bottle of.

UPDATE with an original Springtime in Arkham bottle (2024/04/17)

A wonderful forumite reached out to me with a bottle of the original Springtime in Arkham Cthulhu which I purchased.

If this is how Cthulhu ages in general I am overjoyed. It's much the same scent, but there is something deeper, darker, richer and more vivid about it. There's a greater anticipation of the storm, the clouds are darker, it feels stronger somehow.

Edited by ShadowEtienne