Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
k00kaburra

Rose

Rose Single Note

In bottle: What can I say? It's rose, deep and fresh and potent.

On me: It's simply a strong pure rose scent. If you love rose, you love this. If you hate rose, you hate this. It simply is what it is.

Rose is one of the few florals that I actively enjoy, especially in blends like Spellbound (which is oh so incensy and red musky on me), Rose Red (love that fresh florist smell), Zombi (roses ground into the earth) and many others – this very simple, pure rose single note is almost like the drydown of Rose Red, to me. It doesn’t smell quite as fresh, cold and natural though, it’s a bit more perfumey and actually gives me a bit of a headache. If I had any of this to play around with I’d try layering it with other single notes to see what I came up with, but as it turns out I think I like rose in more complex blends, more than I like it on its own.

Rose Single Note

This is a pink powdery feminine rose scent. I found it to be lovely on its own--much better than some rose perfumes I've smelled.

Rose......this single note "is" my grandmother's bathroom.

Whenever we visited her I would go into her bathroom. It was rose-colored, rose-scented even a bit rose-shaped. This Rose note is exactly what her bath smelled like.

It is a sweet, rich and full rose....Not like Red Rose - none of the fresh green top notes of just cut rose. This is a closer, softer scent. It would mix well with many other sinlge notes.

I will enjoy my still full, still potent, tarted-up imp!

Rose - from the Single Note swap circle.

I love rose. Really, really love rose. :P

In the bottle: A pink rose. Green undertones, kind of like the rose in Rose Red.

On me: A strong, fresh rose. Overpowering, seriously.

Drydown: Doesn't change at all...still very strong, very traditional smelling rose oil.

Surprisingly, I don't love this one. I prefer lighter rose notes, like those in London or Moon Rose. This one is just too heavy...too mature...too "old". It would be great for layering, though! :D

Sn Rose

Oh yes, this is pure rose. This smells just like the wild roses that used to grow outside my father's house. I loved them.

Via the single note swap circle.

Wow. I dry roses habitually, often spreading the petals around my room, and my first whiff of this was dead-on of rose petals after they've just been dried. The rose essence still in them, but the wispiness/powderiness (I hesitate to use this term, but I in no way mean "baby powder" here) of having been dried. Reminds me first of Phantom, of all the rose blends I've tried, followed closely by Othello and Whip. There are a lot of blends that have this rose in it, though, and I'm not entirely sure I've identified this particular rose correctly when I mention the above blends. But that's what comes to mind.

What also comes to mind: when I first visited the Vatican, I bought a rosary carved out of rosehips (?) or rosewood (?) or some such, that had been thereafter dipped in essence of rose, supposedly, and blessed. It smelled very, very much like this. I wonder where I put that thing? Well, I know it's not in my house currently, so there'll be no comparing tonight, that's for sure. Unfortunately.

Edited by quikslvr

In the imp, this is the scent of deep fuchsia-red rose petals -- not the bitterness-laced bite of the darker-red blooms, but the sweetness of the darkest-pink-edging-into-red variety. On my skin, it remains the same rosy note, but a billion times larger. I smell like a 500-foot-tall rose bush. My sweetie, who is typically incapable of smelling anything other than musk, cinnamon, or citrus, can smell my uber-rosy self from all the way across the room. This is, unfortunately, what my skin does to rose -- amplifies it exponentially until it drowns out any other notes, and, in fact, any other scent in the room, more often than not.

This is BPAL's winey, slightly sour rose note, encapsulated. Although I love the purity of Rose Red, Rose SN smells very flat and one-dimensional to me (shock, I know! It's a *single* note!). Not a fan, but I wasn't expecting to be.

I've surprisingly loved a lot of BPAL rose blends (Whip & Marie being my favorites), so I was interested in this singlenote. Sadly, the singlenote turns out to be the exact sort of rose that I cannot wear. It's very strong and has a lot of throw, but it's perfumey and headache inducing on me. In the drydown it starts to go powdery. Perfumey rose and baby powder. It's very intense and strong. It's not something that I could ever wear though.