Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
renaissancerouge

Replacing Versace perfumes with BPAL

My fiance's favorite thing to wear (until he used the bottle up) until recently was Blue Jeans by Versace. Can anyone recommend a few BPAL's he might like or adore? BJ was very sweet and Cool Water-like. I have no idea what notes are in it and rather than do the hard work myself I'd like to hear what a few of the ladies here have been slathering their men in. I'm frickin' tired of department store alcohol water. BTW, he used up my bottle of Empyreal Mist in the interim, which was divine on him, but I want to get him his own smell for Bastille Day (his birthday). He's a Cancer, which means warm, cuddly, and wildly emotional and loving. In case that would figure into anything.

Thank you, wonderful forumites!! :P :D :D

Villain...It's just brilliant - on my fiance it just smells so...manly and light - not too heavy of a scent, but it lingers gorgeously...I thought it wouldn't smell so great since it has lavendar and I have some mindset that flowers don't smell good on men, but it is simply sexy in so many ways! **TMI alert!** I know I couldn't stop kissing him after he wore it...it was like it was our first kiss all over again.

Haven't tried Neo-Tokyo personally.

I would second the suggestion of Villain. Now, most of the men who look through my box of perfumes inevitably stop and make "oooo!" faces whenever they get a hold of my bottle of Cathode. That being said, any girlfriends of said men also have a perfume that makes them stop with the "oooo!" expression, and then give coy, calculating looks at their man. And it isn't Cathode or Villain.

It's Dorian. :P

...macha should be a saleswoman. if i weren't positive i'll like dorian anyway and didn't already have a bottle on order, i would've made an order just now for about three 10mLs, debit card be damned.

Edited by diabolique

Neo Tokyo would be good, and I'd also suggest Zephyr. I haven't tried Hurricane, Lightning, or Undertow but check them out for aquatic notes. And Jolly Roger!

My boy actually smells yum in Black Pearl. It's his favourite.

Maybe this is a help:

Blue Jeans

by Versace

Citrus, Fougere, Woody. Created in 1994 by Gianni Versace, Blue Jeans is the result of the following top fragrance Notes: bergamot, citrus and lime. The middle notes are: freesia, patchouli and vetiver and the base of the fragrance is: sandalwood, oakmoss and cedar. Blue Jeans is recommended for casual use.

I would suggest getting a six pack for your man if you can, picking fragrances that might work with either of you. Judging from the notes of Blue Jeans (Ladytron, anyone?), I might suggest:

-Lear

-Danse Macabre (Brent really likes this one)

-Whitechapel

-Titus Andronicus

-Villain

-Fenris Wolf

Hope this helps.

-doreen

Well, he actually raided my bpal box and has started to use Kitsune-Tsuki of all damn things. But that's MY foxy-in-a-diabolical-wintertime-way scent!! I ordered some 5mls recently and hope either Dirty or one of the gifty imps will work for him. Because him using up my Jil Sander Sun (yuck!) is fine, but once he starts in on my favorites all bets are off.

Edited by renaissancerouge

Is there any similar bpal oil to versace's versus: time for pleasure? I've used that scent for years and now I want to find a bpal oil that smells like that. That is the kind of scent that makes me happyhappyhappy! Only problem with it is that sometimes it makes my head ache really badly like most perfumes do, but with bpal I haven't had that problem.

Edited by Unillusia

Well, I looked up the notes (Versus Versache Time for Pleasure, right?) and they are listed as: Sensuality, delicacy and greediness for this flower-fruity nectar: bilberry, wild strawberries, blackberry; apricot, fishing; vanilla and musk. I've never smelled it, so I can't say exactly, but based on the notes I might reccomend a few:

Hollywood Babylon has strawberry, vanilla and musk, so it might get the right feel (its been a while since I tried that, but I know I enjoyed it).

You might like bewitched (blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk) as a more tea/herbal take on the fruity scents. Its really pretty.

Yerevan is also sweet and pretty, and shares apricot and fruit/floralness with your VV: apricot and pomegranate with deep plum, wild roses, two Middle Eastern pale musks, white orchid, iris and sweet roots. Bpal's appricot/peach scents are phenomenal, just so you know. :P

Hanging gardens comes to mind, though it doesn't share notes: date palm, ebony, fir, pomegranate, plum, two pears, quince, fig, and grapevine with plumeria, three gardenias and dry rose. But its defintiely got a sweet floral/fruit vibe, and is really pretty, as is titania.

Hope that helps a bit! Good luck finding your bpal. :D

I've already ordered an imp of bewiched, hopefully my order arrives soon.. I may have to try them all out quite soon, so I should make a new order! Thank you :P

Edited by Unillusia

I don't have a lot of experience with the more male smelling oils, does anyone know if theres some that smell like Dreamer by Versace?

Notes are listed for Dreamer:

Top notes: Juniper, Lilly

Middle: Iris

Base: Tobacco, Amber, Tarragon

Sign in to follow this