Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shelldoo

Civet

whew, i have found this in one or two blends, and now i know exactly what gave me the morning breath impression, this smells exactly like bad breath to me blech

civet.jpg

Pussy.

The icon is a painting of my dear departed cat, Winston F. Pugh, esq. I painted him as the latter day cat at the end of Olympia's chaise longe in my double self portrait as Mante's Olympia. Rest in peace, little buddy. Miss you so. :P

Edited by olympia301

Civet - Now I get what the majority of people are talking about when the mention their distatste for civet. In civet blends, I only smell a warm, sweet musk, but solo, I definitely catch a "bad breath/morning mouth" scent (although I don't smell "cat butt" or "cat pee" at all, as others often do with civet). It has moderate staying power, but really good throw, so with just a little on, I catch the scent all around me and worry that others do, too. I'm glad I got to try it, but it's definitely off to the swap pile -- but I'll keep wearing blends with civet in them since it works on me when blended with other notes.

Civet isn't so bad on me in a few blends (and I even love it in a few), but this does start off smelling sort of soured on me. Very animal (in a bad way), strong and sour. Then, after a couple minutes, this suddenly softens on my skin and becomes the sweet, dark musky sort of scent that I am more familiar with. It also has a crisp coolness to it on my skin (like cool air on heated skin is the impression I always get). I think that civet is just one of those notes that's very dependent on a person's skin chemistry :P

Very very very heavy musk. I actually generally like civet, however, I'm not sure that I would generally take to wearing it as a single note.