Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
tempete

Dark Myrrh

During the wet stage, the dark myrrh single note initially smells woody, but it immediately begins to warm up and deepen. As it dries down, it acquires a light honey-like but dark sweetness that adds immensely to its character. I think that La Petite Mort uses this particular type of myrrh, given the sweetness of that scent on the drydown.

I greatly prefer the dark myrrh single note to its light counterpart because of its greater depth and resonance.

Dark Myrrh is a thick scent - almost syrupy. I have to agree with tempete's review wholeheartedly - this starts off with a sharp woodiness and smoky incense notes but quickly deepens into a dark honey sweet incense.

As a myrrh lover, I also prefer the dark myrrh to the light.

Guh! *swoon* wet: warm, spicy, sweet - almost a hint of the bubblegum sweet that makes me think of lotus or rootbeer. I am in love. I may love this more than anything aside from SN honey. I'd wear this one alone. Pretty good throw. Same when dry. Yum. I think I need to find my imp of penitence and do a side-by side comparison.

Dark Myrrh - This is the myrrh that I love! When I tried light myrrh, which I didn’t care for at all, I realized that the reason I was never sure if I liked myrrh or not is because I dislike light myrrh and maybe it is dark myrrh that I like. Now that I’ve tried it, I can say that yes, indeed, that is the case. This is the myrrh that I love so much in one of my favorite blends, Wicked. It’s thick and incense-sweet, a little scratchy, and very deep. It’s a bit on the strong side for me to ever wear it alone (as if I would be lucky enough to get enough of this to wear by itself regularly! Ha!) but my mind is running wild with all sorts of notes that this would blend beautifully with. It’s gorgeous. Really, really gorgeous. And it lasts for-freak’n-ever on my skin, too.

Light Myrrh on me was a sort of peppery, dry, dusty woods with hints of sweetness. Dark Myrrh is richer and deeper. I definitely can smell the honeyed note that other reviewers have mentioned. In the drydown, this is like smoky, dark incense on me, but with a wonderful sticky-sweetness. It doesn't remind me of woods as much as the light version.

This is very strong and has a lot of throw on me for about an hour, but it fades quickly after that. I love this and the light myrrh but, like the light version, I can't see myself ever wearing the single note by itself. It's gorgeous though <3.

Rich, spicy, warm and ohsoincredibly sexy. I never thought I liked myrrh, but this feels so much better than most incensy blends. It smells almost like burning wood. I tested on the crook of my elbow and I've got my nose buried there, just inhaling. It's not making me sneeze, either, so bonus points for the myrrh. I might have to take it off my hated notes list.

Rich, spicy, sweet myrrh. This one is deep and incredibly sexy. It's honeyed wood and oh so smooth. Slightly perfumey, but you know what, this smells amazing.

Honestly, you could actually just wear this by itself. It's THAT good.