Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheDarkMother

Rose Geranium

In the Bottle: Delicious roses with the herbal scent of the geranium’s leaves. My grandmother has these in her yard, so that’s immediately what it reminds me of.

On Me: *Swoon* So wonderfully rose, but a much lighter blend. This is small red flowers with big, dark green leaves. This just proves that I do love roses, just not the fake scents that I’ve smelled for so long. This reminds me of gardening with my grandmother in her yard when I was little.

The only problem that I have with this oil, is that I can’t get a big bottle of it! *Pout*

This is such a beautiful single note. I wish so much that I could buy a full bottle of Rose Geranium just to wear on its own. It starts off with some of the green spiciness that I get in Kostnice and quickly dries down to a perfect, cool greenery like thick plant leaves & crisp cucumbers. The cucumber-green is paired with a sweet, delicate, rosy flower fragrance. It smells like I've rolled around in a garden - a real flower/plant smell, not a fakey floral perfume. I love this :P

Edited by Little Bird

Rose Geranium SN - I love this single note! It smells very similar to the rose geranium essential oil I keep on hand for bath time. It smells strongly of geraniums and is quite crisp, green, and herbal. I don't get a "rose" note at all from it, but I don't smell that in my E.O., either. I really enjoy this and am glad I got to try it.

I received a tester of this in an eBay win and I'm really glad I'm getting a chance to try more of these SNs!

In the imp this smells like clean laundry drying on a clothesline amidst blooming rose bushes. I seriously smell more of the "clean laundry" than the rose, however which is quite perplexing. It doesn't have the typical soapy smell I equate to most rose scents, but there is something that radiates CLEAN with this SN.

On wet, I would say that this is more rose than geranium. It's like roses with a bitter geranium underneath it. As it dries, the rosiness dissipates, and I get more of the geranium, but it sort of ends up in 'clean laundry land' but it is the same geranium/clean that I love from Winter Stress Relief Elixir.

LOVE IT.