Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I love the lab's ice and snow notes and was super excited to try this one out.

The icicle note is somewhere between mint and cologne. The coconut flesh is dry and almost powdery, like a nearly empty bag of (unsweetened) shredded coconut found in the back of your pantry. The scent doesn't veer tropical nor foodie, this is not a crushed-ice coconut smoothie.

At first the minty-cologne overpowers the coconut, after an hour or so the coconut wins out. 

There is a faint hint of something...  oily/fatty/almost buttery that I attribute to some coconut notes. That richness adds a bit of unexpected depth. 

I really enjoy how the coconut flesh note doesn't have much sweetness and hope that doesn't change with age. As is, I don't have anything quite like it in my collection. 

I'm getting a slushy snow note from this that has a somewhat watery feel to it, like the slush is beginning to melt. I guess that makes sense for icicles. The coconut in here is not as strong as the snow at any point of wear on my skin, but it is always present. It is not foodie or suntan lotion-y, and I get what Ora means by the unsweetened coconut shreds.

This isn't something I need a bottle of, but I really like whatever Beth has used to comprise the icicles here.