Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red musk chypre draped in silk cords, abalone accord, black tea,
frankincense, polished teakwood, plum leaf, and cognac.

This one is a classics midcentury stonefruit chypre cast through a glass darkly. Think mitsouko viewed through Amber. Spicy plum tinged by salty abalone that dries down to a mossy, frankincense-y vase. Someone commented that this smelled like nag champa but personally I don’t really get that so much as mitsouko and dior poison frolicking in the sea spray. Very nice and I look forward to wearing it on summer and autumn nights!

Edited by hivesofbees

This one is sooo nice. Definitely has a kind of dark red, velvety vibe, but brightened by fruity and salty notes for the first few hours. This is complex enough that the notes are a little difficult to tease out. Plum, salt, oakmoss each are prominent. The teakwood outlasts everything else, but before that it really is a kind of burgundy haze in the best way.  

I'm greeted by a tame and well blended red musk. I like how the red musk acts in this blend, it's the fixative that keeps all other notes on its shoulders. So far so good. Next up, i get a melange of tea, teak and frankincense. Nothing stands out particularly, it's just that good. Reminds me vaguely of Anteros, only better and not as intense. This would make a good scent for those who are averse to red musk.