Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Exhausted Couple in the Treasure Room of Love

An effervescent lemon aldehyde with white musk, lychee, yuzu, and white tea.

I absolutely love a citrus perfume, even if my skin devours it down. 

This one wears strong and sour when wet, and I was glad I only dabbed it on my wrists to start out with rather than putting it behind my ears. Yuzu straight to the face. The dry-down shift was very noticeable - it became softer and musky. If wet, it was a neon yellow, tinged a little with green, then dry it's more of a pastel lemon. The white musk and white tea really softens it, without adding any sweet creaminess.

Really lovely, I'm glad I got a bottle. It's going to be great for spring and summer.

I get a fizzy lemon soda with a handful of lychee gummy candies. Rather bright and cheery throughout its short stay! I wish I got more of the white tea note since I love BPAL's white tea but alas

This is a predominantly citrus scent, with the lemon aldeyhyde being the strongest aspect of this blend throughout wear, backed by the yuzu and a hint of lychee. There's some effervescence from the aldehyde, but not enough fizziness to remind me of soda. The longer it sits on the skin, the more it becomes about the lemon aldehyde, white musk, and lemon-y white tea on me. Then it gets more clean and less juicy, but still smells refreshing on me.

I enjoy this with its lemon and yuzu, but I really wish the lychee had stuck around longer and had played a greater role. Both Shungas in this year's update featuring lychee didn't feature it as a prominent note on my skin, sadly. But I do love citrus notes, so I'll definitely hang onto the decant and give it a full day of wear before the scent disappears from the website to see if I need more of it or not. But at the moment, I feel like the decant will suffice.

A dry, white musk take on a citrus scent. This is a citrus scent more than anything else on me. I get the lemon and yuzu, but not the lychee so much. The white tea note is the next strongest and is bolstered by the white musk. The combination of the two adds an almost atmospheric nature to the scent, that does vaguely remind me of carbonation. It reminds me more of a light, almost icy white tea note though.

This does remind me of some of the Lab's other lemon and white tea scents. This one in comparison is more on the citrus side with the addition of yuzu and the combination of notes makes it more light and effervescent. All in all, I don't know if this is that distinct from other similar scents to justify more than a decant. But as a citrus lover and especially a citrus with white tea and/or musk lover, I'm still really enjoying this.